Ameriflight etc vs. 121 world

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16 
Page 6 of 31
Go to
Is there a signing agreement for the Chieftain? And how is the equipment?
I believe they want a 6 month agreement for the Chieftain, but most people move into the 99 at or before 6 months. The equipment is fine. Not pretty, but mechanically sound, for the most part.
What are you flying the 99 or the Chieftain. What about the radios and equipment inside?

If flying the 99 is that a cool plane to fly?
I don't fly either the 99 or the Chieftan. I fly the Metro. I know the 99 is getting a descent autopilot installed and the chieftan radios are well, old. They work though!
Chieftain and 99
Hey Guys,

AMF is now having new pilots sign a 1 year "gentlemen's agreement". There is no financial obligation. If pilots leave before the 1 year I believe that pilot may get a "not eligible for re-hire" in their PRIA. When a pilot upgrades to the BE99 there is a 6 month agreement.

The Chieftain is a blast to fly and is a lot of fun. They have the old KX170B "twist knon" type radios, no GPS. All the Chieftains have HSIs.

The 99 from what I have experienced looks like a blast to fly. They are putting in descent autopilots and putting in Apollo 480 IFR certified GPSs.

I've talked to 99 and Metro pilots and some of them have told me that the 99 and the Metro are/were easier to fly than the Chieftain. Some Metro and 99 pilots said that if you can fly the Cheiftain single pilot then you can fly almost anything single pilot.
Turboprops are wayyyy easier to fly than pistons. There's nothing more gratifying than pulling the torque levers to idle and then pushing them up again and then pulling them back again, etc, etc.......

Enjoy
whats the first year's pay like for the chieftan
APC has a pretty accurate payscale for everyone, even AMF. It lists the payscales for all the aircraft.
http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airli...eriflight.html
is there anything stationed at FLG in AZ? and what's the absolute min for multi to get on with AMF?
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16 
Page 6 of 31
Go to