UAL Capt in DEN (December-2010)

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 18
Go to
Also in another thread.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ca...er-2010-a.html

This is about to blow up around the entire industry...that CSR and crooked cop have something coming.
This is an absolutely premeditated, intentionally discriminating assault on Captain's Authority----period. I know John and he's a stand-up guy. The agent should be disciplined and the police officer counseled----this was not a police matter.
How disgusting.

If there is a legal defense fund for this Captain, or anything any of us non-UAL pilots can do, someone please PM me or post it here.
I just received this as an email and forwarded it to all I know. Again, if the CA is the PIC and going to take all the blame if ONE thing goes wrong, then he needs to have more support and authority.

RESPECT HIS AUTHOR-IT-TAY
Quote: This is an absolutely premeditated, intentionally discriminating assault on Captain's Authority----period. I know John and he's a stand-up guy. The agent should be disciplined and the police officer counseled----this was not a police matter.
It "became" a police matter when two, "SHOULD BE PROFESSIONALS", exhibited "less than" mature interactions in the jetway, possibly in front of paying passengers, no less.

If you know John, and think he's a "stand-up" guy, then how do you explain the childish behavior when he could very well have handled it in a more professional manner. I expect more maturity even out of my children. (Quite possibly excusable if his only education was Air Force - United.)

Finally, this entire story "WREAKS" of only "one-side" of the story. EVERYONE let their tempers get out of hand and BOTH should be disciplined accordingly.

Fly safe,

GJ
Not particularly familiar with airline ops in this case...if he is convicted of assault, will he be allowed back on the line eventually, or is that a career-ending move with that particular airline?
Quote: Not particularly familiar with airline ops in this case...if he is convicted of assault, will he be allowed back on the line eventually, or is that a career-ending move with that particular airline?
Yes, a conviction of assault on a co-worker would result in automatic dismissal at pretty much any large company in the 21st century.
A follow-up from Captain Rood
To my fellow pilots:

I have received many notes of encouragement in the past couple days, and I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of support. It is good to know that so many of my fellow pilots are with me in my efforts to be vindicated. Knowing that I have your unswerving support has genuinely helped to ease my personal burden in relation to this matter.

As you know, I am involved in legal processes relating to the incident in Denver both with the Company and with the courts in Denver. It would not be helpful to me if anyone were to take any actions relating to the individual CSR that provoked this incident. It is important that we all stay on the high road and continue to demonstrate that we are professionals worthy of the utmost respect that should always be accorded to us on the job.

If you have forwarded any messages regarding this incident, then, please, also forward this email to your additional contacts to ensure widest dissemination.

Thanks again for your messages of support.

Semper Fi,

John Rood
Quote: Not particularly familiar with airline ops in this case...if he is convicted of assault, will he be allowed back on the line eventually, or is that a career-ending move with that particular airline?
Chances are "slim to none" that any States Attorney office is going to press the issue of an "assault conviction" knowing it would end his airline career.

Not knowing his prior convictions, if he has any at all, but the more probable outcome will be that his attorney will enter a plea with the prosecutor and his record will be expunged of the incident. (Other than the arrest record, of course.) Worst case he'll be charged with a "lesser offense" (i.e. disturbing the peace) and be sent away, all but forgotten about in a short time.

If he has an intelligent and effective defense attorney, he'll plea for a lesser defense attached to a "deferred imposition of sentence". Basically meaning that if he keeps his "hands clean" for the six month or year "deferred imposition" then the lesser offense is expunged from record too.

GJ
Thanks Cadet and Gear. Wondered how that would go with the union.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 18
Go to