Trans States

Subscribe
341  391  431  437  438  439  440  441  442  443  444  445  451  491  541  941 
Page 441 of 1091
Go to
Quote: How long is the upgrade right now, as in, what is the DOH for the most junior Captain. APC shows December 2013. I have 5800+ TT with 5000+ as SIC on the EMB. I thank you for all your help.
You'll upgrade within 2 years. Hopefully our planes will still be flying by then.
Anybody listen to Oxley today?
The usual.... nothing new to report but they are working hard on growing the airline. Staffing levels are so that they are ready to accommodate new flying in case we do get some at a moments notice. bla bla bla
Quote: Staffing levels are so that they are ready to accommodate new flying in case we do get some at a moments notice
I would streak through my neighborhood if that happens. Nobody wants our speed tape airplanes on a short notice.
Quote: The usual.... nothing new to report but they are working hard on growing the airline. Staffing levels are so that they are ready to accommodate new flying in case we do get some at a moments notice. bla bla bla
LOL so all the conspiracy theories debunked... basically they are just hoping and wishing some new flying falls into their lap. It's possible that these planes coming off contract at XJT end up there...
Quote:
LOL so all the conspiracy theories debunked... basically they are just hoping and wishing some new flying falls into their lap. It's possible that these planes coming off contract at XJT end up there...
I hate to say I told you so, but....I told you so.
Quote: Hi I'm considering Trans States, as well as other regionals. The upgrades seem to be quick but the future doesn't look as bright as some of the other regionals. Any idea how long the current aircraft will stay on property?
It's a regional. They will be there until they are gone. IOW, for as long as United has a use for them, and not a minute more.
Quote: Thanks, I understand that but I was looking for an actual number. For example, AWAC's contract with USAirways(AA) is up in 2015. Seems like if you work at a place you should know how long your flying is good for!
I don't work there anymore. And not all FFD contracts have set dates; some are based on rolling mutual options. I'm not sure what TSA has.

Plus, TSA flies the 145, which is nowhere near the airplane the CRJ is (having flown both, I can say that with authority). I don't know how long the 145 will remain viable, as it is getting long in the tooth and is subject to ridiculous payload restrictions.
Quote: I don't work there anymore. And not all FFD contracts have set dates; some are based on rolling mutual options. I'm not sure what TSA has.

Plus, TSA flies the 145, which is nowhere near the airplane the CRJ is (having flown both, I can say that with authority). I don't know how long the 145 will remain viable, as it is getting long in the tooth and is subject to ridiculous payload restrictions.
If it is cheap enough, 50 seaters will remain for AT LEAST the next decade.
I think most of the fleet is good until some time in 2016. Some a little longer and some a little shorter. We've been doing short term contract renewals (2-3 years) with United for some time now. The planes are not all on the same timeline though. What we have now should carry us close enough until the fabled MRJs come online (first quarter 2017 I believe).
341  391  431  437  438  439  440  441  442  443  444  445  451  491  541  941 
Page 441 of 1091
Go to