TMC- Travel Management Company

Subscribe
38  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  58  98 
Page 48 of 120
Go to
Quote: Looks like the Feds have officially said that rolling rest just may be a thing of the past for TMC
Due tell...
Quote: Due tell...
I think he is talking about this:

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...rpretation.pdf
I cannot believe my iPhone corrected "do" to "due" my apologies.
Quote: I think he is talking about this:

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...rpretation.pdf
Letters of interpretation aren't stopping any companies from operating illegally. Until it is enforced, companies won't change.
I would imagine that this one has a high probability of sticking.
Quote: I would imagine that this one has a high probability of sticking.
The other 6+ letters did nothing. The Chief Counsel probably has no clue that TMC operates like this, and the POIs throughout the system are openly allowing illegal behavior to continue.
Those letters were prior to a union being on property.
Quote: The other 6+ letters did nothing. The Chief Counsel probably has no clue that TMC operates like this, and the POIs throughout the system are openly allowing illegal behavior to continue.
The difference in this FAA INTERPRETATION letter is that it goes on to provide other avenues to pursue for those of you that believe that company policies have not been reviewed by the POI in accordance with the regulations:

Often times an investigation of a possible regulatory violation is based on information provided by private persons and there are a number of ways to provide such information.

Under 14 C.F.R. §13.5, you may file a formal complaint. A copy of the complaint is forwarded to the person allegedly violating the regulations for response, and the FAA then decides, based on the information in the complaint and the response, if any, whether to begin its own investigation.

Another option is to bring your concerns to a Flight Standards District Office or Certificate ManagementOffice. You may not consider this a viable option because of your view that the principal operations inspector is allowing violations to occur. You can, however, report your concerns to a regional Flight Standards division manager or the Director, Flight Standards Service, at FAA Headquarters.

Finally, there is an FAA Safety Hotline where you can provide information, and you may request that your identity remain confidential. The Hotline's telephone number is (202) 267- 3934 and email address is [email protected].

If TMC, Wheels Up or any other Part 135 operator is not assigning a defined rest period in writing prior to that rest period beginning and at any point after that requires you to answer your phone, then they are likely in violation. If pilots accept flight assignments under those conditions, then they may also be in violation.
How are you guys assigned rest at the end of a duty day?
Quote: How are you guys assigned rest at the end of a duty day?
30 minutes after we block in for the last leg of the day we call in and place ourselves off duty. No requirement to answer our phones or email while in rest for 10 hours. Once we are finished resting I'm pretty sure they want us answering our phones and emails though, on duty or not.
38  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  58  98 
Page 48 of 120
Go to