Skywest

Subscribe
272  322  362  368  369  370  371  372  373  374  375  376  382  422  472  872  1372 
Page 372 of 1519
Go to
Quote: Thanks again for all the good info.

Thats pretty amazing they are sending recruiters into class. I think moving up 25 a month is a pretty brisk pace for the hiring department.
Movement is definitely great for those FOs wanting a line. But don't come to Skywest expecting to make captain.

For those pilots joining Skywest, there is a great chance you will never upgrade. Looking at aircraft coming off contract and the amount of lifers this company has, count on not upgrading.

If you want a somewhat stable FO job with a decent paycheck, Skywest is a great company.
Id have to disagree with you on that one. Guys are upgrading right now after 7 years or so. That should drop to 4 to 5 based on current events. If the regional pilot shortage camp is correct it may drop to what it was in 04 at 1 or 2 years.

But who knows
Quote: Movement is definitely great for those FOs wanting a line. But don't come to Skywest expecting to make captain.

For those pilots joining Skywest, there is a great chance you will never upgrade. Looking at aircraft coming off contract and the amount of lifers this company has, count on not upgrading.

If you want a somewhat stable FO job with a decent paycheck, Skywest is a great company.
"Somewhat stable FO job"?

I don't think SkyWest has ever furloughed and it doesn't seem like furloughs are likely anywhere anytime soon. What would the unstable part of being a FO at SkyWest?
Quote: Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver

Thanks again for all the good info.

Thats pretty amazing they are sending recruiters into class. I think moving up 25 a month is a pretty brisk pace for the hiring department.

Movement is definitely great for those FOs wanting a line. But don't come to Skywest expecting to make captain.

I 100% disagree with this statement
Upgrade and TPIC shouldn't even matter anymore. Everyone except SWA is hiring guys without TPIC.
Quote: Id have to disagree with you on that one. Guys are upgrading right now after 7 years or so. That should drop to 4 to 5 based on current events. If the regional pilot shortage camp is correct it may drop to what it was in 04 at 1 or 2 years.

But who knows
I've been here 6 years and have 900-1000 guys below me. I can't hold emb captain anywhere. At least 200 numbers away for crj for msp/ord and that doesn't count the 100's of guys that have bids in for lax, Slc, den, sea, only. We're upgrading 5 or so emb a month and about 10 rj a month. We have no communication from management on what the projections are, so the music could stop at any time. We have a ton of airframes coming off contract in the next 3 years and not all will be renewed.
So anyone hired today will have at least 1000 guys itching to upgrade in front of them, a lot of captains not going anywhere (at least 500 but probably way more), and a shrinking airline in the next 3 years. Although upgrade time might drop I doubt it will drop to 1-2 years. These are just facts.
It looks like the most junior upgrade (EMB) in the last bid was a 6/2012 hire.
When someone says they have been at SkyWest 6+ years and "can't upgrade" thats code for could have but choose not too, and that was a mistake.. I would say upgrade times will drop in 2014 as the E175 comes online... Then will steady in 2015...
Quote: It looks like the most junior upgrade (EMB) in the last bid was a 6/2012 hire.
I'm not sure what you are looking at but that isn't even close to being correct
Quote: It looks like the most junior upgrade (EMB) in the last bid was a 6/2012 hire.
Unless by upgrade you mean transition
272  322  362  368  369  370  371  372  373  374  375  376  382  422  472  872  1372 
Page 372 of 1519
Go to