Let the musical chairs begin at 9E, XJ, 9L

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  21 
Page 11 of 34
Go to
Quote: Real pilots flew the Jetstream in the past...
I'll second this. That thing was a fatigue machine.
Quote: It's more accurate to say that quotas are quotas. We do not have fences.
REALLY? tomatoes, TOMA'TOS my friend.
Quote: On a side note, I guessing that the company is going to completely botch the award due to having to keep track of all the quotas and we will see many revisions to the final award.
Agreed here as well...I hope their botched award puts me as a 900CA-ATL. That's like hitting the lotto!
Quote: If you read the realignment notice it clearly states no secondary vacancies will be created...

You must have never had to deal with the 9E Memphis pencil pushers. There will be something, whether or not its labeled "secondary" is obviously unknown. This same department basically shut down when we started hiring again late last year. Classes were sent home because they had no where to put them. Sure they cut the head off the problem, but the body is still there. They should have flushed it, but they didn't. I'd be very surprised if the final comes out on time, and right. Higney said it best... train wreck.
[QUOTE=tennisguru;1036457]Does anyone seriously think we are going to furlough now? It seems that we are so short staffed right now on all equipment outside of the Delta Saab reductions that there will be plenty of places for people to go, albeit maybe not their first choice. On the FO side of things, there are no quotas, so FO's can bid for whatever their seniority will hold. Captains will have to deal with the quotas. Our contract states that there will not be seat locks for displaced pilots. [QUOTE]

Why would we furlough? All the Saab reductions that were going to happen whether or not Mesaba was purchased are negated now by those pilots having the option of two other airlines. Bottom Mesaba guys got lucky, no furlough for them, I just hope the same remains for the guys who weren't hired by Mesaba. They're the ones who should worry about a furlough, not the ones having their airplanes parked.
Quote: Agreed here as well...I hope their botched award puts me as a 900CA-ATL. That's like hitting the lotto!
If you are Colgan, you already have hit the lotto, multiple times.
Winning the lotto? ATL 900 capt would be more along the lines of death penalty...
Quote: If you are Colgan, you already have hit the lotto, multiple times.
I'd have to agree with you there.
Quote: If you are Colgan, you already have hit the lotto, multiple times.
Lucky lotto winners win multiple times. It's a strange phenomenon! It's funny how Colgan pilots were considered loosers only a couple of years ago. Now we are lucky lotto winners. Freakin industry, you never know.
Quote: Winning the lotto? ATL 900 capt would be more along the lines of death penalty...
One mans dumpster is another mans paradise!
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  21 
Page 11 of 34
Go to