FAA inspector thread

Subscribe
49  89  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  109 
Page 99 of 129
Go to
Quote: I have an interview in Den on Dec 4th for Air carrier 1825 fg11 at PHX CMO. I’ve been at Skywest for 12 years, and I need a change. What can I expect after the interview? If offered a job, what is a typical day like? Is there an opportunity to work from home? How much time will be in the jumpseat / traveling? How quickly can you earn promotions? Thanks for your time.
We've got several former FAA inspectors flying at SKYW now, one was at SKYW's CMO for a while. I think that job/life style gets really old fast from what I heard.
Quote: We've got several former FAA inspectors flying at SKYW now, one was at SKYW's CMO for a while. I think that job/life style gets really old fast from what I heard.
I've heard the same thing from ASIs going through the program or out in the FSDOs about airline flying.

Maybe it is a case of one thing/lifestyle isn't for everybody?
Can you PM me any details for the air carrier check ride? Thanks
ga oral & checkride
Hi guys, new to the forum and in the process for asi ga side. was wondering if anyone has a gouge on the latest oral and ride for the ga checkride. expecting to hear on a date soon and heard it has become quite tough. thanks....
Quote: Hi guys, new to the forum and in the process for asi ga side. was wondering if anyone has a gouge on the latest oral and ride for the ga checkride. expecting to hear on a date soon and heard it has become quite tough. thanks....
You will be emailed the complete flight profiles along with the approach charts required. There are no secrets, everything will be laid out.

The oral will consist of Part 61 and Part 91, AIM and aerodynamics.
There are questions regarding VMC, IFR alternates and requirements, and runway/airport markings and signs.
Thanks very much guys, sounds straight forward enough.
I have a 737 SIM check for Air Carrier Inspector coming up. Any one have some information? Also is the oral done at the same time and what does it consist of? I understand mostly Regs ? Thanks!
Colleague of mine went thru air carrier eval a few months ago. 737NG sim in OKC, 2 Feds from ICT evaluating/seat fill and running the box. Very basic, All raw data stuff using MFD in HSI rose mode (VOR/ILS). No moving map. Normal takeoff,
steep turns, stall, holding, two approaches, one precision and one non-precision, one missed and one landing. All hand flying - no FMS work, no FD or Autopilot! Use the PNF to the max extent possible and keep the blue side up. You will be fine!
Thanks for that appreciate it!
49  89  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  109 
Page 99 of 129
Go to