Us/aa sli

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 24
Go to
Looks like it,s gonna happen. So on that note, any care to chime in on how they believe the SLI is gonna look like? By my avatar, you can tell that I,m not holding my breath. Corporate flying it is till death do us part.
Quote: Looks like it,s gonna happen. So on that note, any care to chime in on how they believe the SLI is gonna look like? By my avatar, you can tell that I,m not holding my breath. Corporate flying it is till death do us part.
Sounds like from I have read they wont touch anything for at least 5 years.
DOH with fences. When the 7 year fence drops, any seniority issues will be moot.
?
Noone really knows...and to speculate is completely useless.
Quote: Noone really knows...and to speculate is completely useless.
THIS. There are about 800 steps in a merger like this. The SLI is step 676. We are on step 8. Better that we not make wild statements that could divide AA and US pilots when unity is in our best interest.
Quote: THIS. There are about 800 steps in a merger like this. The SLI is step 676. We are on step 8. Better that we not make wild statements that could divide AA and US pilots when unity is in our best interest.
The US group has NO IDEA when it comes to that concept......and AA hasn't been too good at it either over the years......

Just be thankful that if it goes through that the USAPA nightmare will finally be over for ALL the pilots of the LCC.
Quote: THIS. There are about 800 steps in a merger like this. The SLI is step 676. We are on step 8. Better that we not make wild statements that could divide AA and US pilots when unity is in our best interest.

Yes. AA pilots don't want any division, especially now. Since the shoe is on the other foot and they are in bankruptcy, they surely wouldn't want the same screw job that they gave the TWA pilots a decade ago. What was one of the reasons they cited? Oh yes, that the TDub guys should accept the staple job because their company is in bankruptcy and they should feel lucky just to have a job. I guess they learned from their own mistake.
Quote: Yes. AA pilots don't want any division, especially now. Since the shoe is on the other foot and they are in bankruptcy, they surely wouldn't want the same screw job that they gave the TWA pilots a decade ago. What was one of the reasons they cited? Oh yes, that the TDub guys should accept the staple job because their company is in bankruptcy and they should feel lucky just to have a job. I guess they learned from their own mistake.
No comparison between AA/TWA and AA/US whatsoever. Two totally different scenarios, dynamics, sizes, career expectations, etc. In fact, the ONLY similarity is that AA is in Ch 11, but in a vastly different financial picture than TWA was at the time of acquisition. USAir won't be "picking up the assets of AMR" like AMR did with TWA. This deal will be a full blown merger, much like DL/NW and UA/CO.

Not saying the staple job was fair: it wasn't. And also not saying I won't get screwed: I fully expect to lose a ton of seniority out of this if it goes through. More than anything, I hope we DID learn a ton from our past mistakes.

And there is not a day that goes by where I don't say a prayer of thanks for my job!

Regards,
Aa73,

Completely understand what you're saying, but most of the differences pilots talk about in such things belong/matter in a good bar not in front of an arbitrator. Not confornting, but generally true.
Can someone explain the "fence"? Does that mean that no US pilot could bid for a DFW opening until the fence is over? Does the fence prohibit the company from opening a base in DFW for US flown aircraft (i.e. airbus)? In addition, when the company is merged and the fence is in place, where do new hires go? Can they bid any base?
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 24
Go to