What's the Latest at ASA/Expressjet?

Subscribe
416  816  866  906  912  913  914  915  916  917  918  919  920  926  966  1016 
Page 916 of 1068
Go to
Quote: A year ago most of you were saying we were too big to fail.... Don't worry "there is no way Delta and United can replace us"...Why is everyone worried now?
There's no such thing as too big to fail...especially in the Regional industry. Comair was pretty big when Delta shut them down. As more 717's come on line for Delta, their need for us and carriers like us diminishes. The same can be said for American and United. They could all replace us by the time our contracts expire. I think most people are concerned because they don't want to be the guy/gal without a seat when the music stops.
Not worried, excited at the turnover and opportunities.

The industry created this exodus and now it's in full panic mode. The ones who should be worrying are those in the mid levels of the GO who will be left hanging as there are fewer personnel and resources to mismanage. The very mismanagement that moved many to leave who were once content here. I predicted a few years ago that when the industry opened up, the GO would be a dust bowl with just a few administrators wondering where it all went.

I'm not happy about how it will affect xjt because it's been a potentially great place to work, but has been allowed to fall short because those at the top have underestimated the damage those in the middle have caused.

It's really very unfortunate for the company and those who had planned to make this place a career.
Quote: A year ago most of you were saying we were too big to fail.... Don't worry "there is no way Delta and United can replace us"...Why is everyone worried now?
I am not worried, why worry about something you have no control over. We all know where this place is headed.
Quote: I can't believe no one has mentioned that short, mysterious email from the company yesterday that SkyWest is taking over our benefits department on April 1, 2015. There are some very strange things happening behind the scenes at several airlines too.
What strange things behind the scents at several airlines?

Plan b
Well you probably don't have anything to worry about since you're number 163 and are probably, what, 6 years from retirement?

But, for those who are around mid-seniority and don't plan on leaving should be worried
BS actually quoted Yoda in his latest JetStream along with a rambling diatribe on our safety culture complete with two references to other "bright minded" philosophers and thinkers of the past. It seems that he is very good at referencing and quoting management cliches and other such philosophers while trying his best to whitewash the floundering direction of this carrier. Yes, I know he's better than the previous VPFO but these JetStreams have become a complete and total joke.

Did I mention that a fictional character who's words were written by George Lucas was quoted in an official communication with the pilots? Who is next? Big Bird?
Quote: BS actually quoted Yoda in his latest JetStream along with a rambling diatribe on our safety culture complete with two references to other "bright minded" philosophers and thinkers of the past. It seems that he is very good at referencing and quoting management cliches and other such philosophers while trying his best to whitewash the floundering direction of this carrier. Yes, I know he's better than the previous VPFO but these JetStreams have become a complete and total joke.

Did I mention that a fictional character who's words were written by George Lucas was quoted in an official communication with the pilots? Who is next? Big Bird?
I totally disagree. He's smart and down to earth and I'm really glad he's in that position. You criticize him for being too cerebral and quoting obscure philosophers but also too juvenile in quoting Yoda?
Quote: BS actually quoted Yoda in his latest JetStream along with a rambling diatribe on our safety culture complete with two references to other "bright minded" philosophers and thinkers of the past. It seems that he is very good at referencing and quoting management cliches and other such philosophers while trying his best to whitewash the floundering direction of this carrier. Yes, I know he's better than the previous VPFO but these JetStreams have become a complete and total joke.

Do not go hating on Big Bird!!
Quote: I totally disagree. He's smart and down to earth and I'm really glad he's in that position. You criticize him for being too cerebral and quoting obscure philosophers but also too juvenile in quoting Yoda?

Personally, I can do without all the "look I'm smart" babble. Just say it and be done with it.
You forgot to add "plan B"
416  816  866  906  912  913  914  915  916  917  918  919  920  926  966  1016 
Page 916 of 1068
Go to