Landing the 767

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Saw someone posted a thread about landing CRJs in the regionals forum. I was really impressed to see so many friendly, helpful replies. Got me thinking, any good techniques for landing the 757/767? I fly mostly 767s but just like most airplanes I've flown, it seems stingy with greasers. Any discussion on this? I've found if I'm on speed and the flare is a bit too early that it's pretty difficult to salvage a greaser out of it, I'm very hesitant to "hold it off" too much in the 767 for fear of a tailstrike...
Depends on which model you are flying.
Nice landing airplane. Most of them are.
Micro call outs below 10 feet by the non flying pilot.
Quote: Depends on which model you are flying.
All 300s. It's debatable whether callouts below 10ft are cheating, but worth a try!
How many times a month do you guys get to land? lol
Exactly why the question is raised, I have to really think about how to do it every time...
Quote: Micro call outs below 10 feet by the non flying pilot.
All -300s for me...

I always hated when people called out the feet below 10 (though never said anything, just ignored it)... the GPWS cadence leading up is more than enough to get a trend idea.

On the "domestic" models at DL with the non-FADEC engines, flaring with the power in milking it to hit idle when you want to touch down was optimum. Teeth rattling may still occur due to the fat fisted gorilla at the controls (me).

The ERs with FADEC motors unspooled much more gentle- I pulled the power to idle as I began flaring and it worked out quite well.
This is some of the better advice I've heard. Thanks Clamp. I never put much thought into fadec vs. non fadec engines, but now that I think about it that could really make a difference in the flare.
Put a tiny little bank angle on it right at touchdown so one main touches just before the other.

But true greasers are rare on the 767.
You think you've got one and then the auto-spoilers rob you.

Check Essential (happy with "2-wire OK")
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to