4 CAL LEC "NO" Voters - Opinions/Reasons

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: Airhoss,
Where, in your opinion, should your seniority be after the SLI is complete? What would you think is fair? An honest question.
I should be about where I was before L-UAL dumped 105 airframes to right size for this merger. At that time I was a Jr NB captain.

Honest answer.
Quote: Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but why should your current age have anything to do with seniority. If you finished a military career and jumped at a job in the airlines at 50, as a new hire, could you complain that you are 50 and wont make Captain?

However, that being said, I agree that the UAL furloughed pilots should get FULL longevity in the TA as far as pay and benefits. The arbitrator will have to figure out the seniority list.

Simple, VOTE NO! What are the YES voters afraid of?
Ahh but I didn't complete a military career with the full benefits thereof before going to UAL. I was hired at UAL at age 29 and have held captain here before. So there is not any "won't make captain" about it already been there and done that.

Plain and simple a straight relative seniority mix is a massive and unfair windfall for the CAL guys. A straight DOH mix is a massive and unfair windfall for the UAL guys. There needs to be some kind of a equitable split and mix of both. It's the only way.

And to the guy who says I don't have 16 years of seniority. WRONG I have 16 years seniority and longevity without any furlough or other type of seniority diminishing leaves.
Quote: I should be about where I was before L-UAL dumped 105 airframes to right size for this merger. At that time I was a Jr NB captain.

Honest answer.
That is as honest as it gets

Problem is that Ual lost scope in bankrupcy.

That opened the door to outsourcing cheap rj labor.

That lead to Ual management dumping the relatively more expensive 737's

I know how it looks from tha Ual side of the fence, but it looks totally different from this side.

The arbitrator will have to make sense of all this with his award.

I am sure we will all be dissappointed
Never mind.
Quote: Ahh but I didn't complete a military career with the full benefits thereof before going to UAL. I was hired at UAL at age 29 and have held captain here before. So there is not any "won't make captain" about it already been there and done that.

Plain and simple a straight relative seniority mix is a massive and unfair windfall for the CAL guys. A straight DOH mix is a massive and unfair windfall for the UAL guys. There needs to be some kind of a equitable split and mix of both. It's the only way.

And to the guy who says I don't have 16 years of seniority. WRONG I have 16 years seniority and longevity without any furlough or other type of seniority diminishing leaves.
Relative seniority is not a mass windfall for cal. If u are 60% u stay 60%. No windfalls either side. If you go doh, cal front half makes out much better then ual. Cal senior guys want doh. Cal 87 hires are flying 3 day 75 trips paying 13:30. UAL guys 87 flying a little better. Senior UAL want relative, they would be better off.
Quote: I should be about where I was before L-UAL dumped 105 airframes to right size for this merger. At that time I was a Jr NB captain.

Honest answer.
I wonder what the Cal list would look like had we not stopped ordering heavy lift to rightsize for the merger?
Quote: It was hypothetical in nature.
I get your point and agree with it. However I don't know why you used "retired military" to make your "hypothetical" remark. I think you could have made your point without it. BTW I am voting no as well.
What would cal look like without having given up 100~ classic 737s. Or if we allowed 70 seat jets. Ever seen the cal fleet plan from 2005. A lot different than we look today.
You all miss what really goes on in a merge of lists. It is more than just position it also includes freezes and fences.

A pilot I know was hired at Western in the 70s and just had the fence come down on their merge with DAL way back before most of you moved your first throttle.

This ISl is big and the fact is the more 60% pilots at CAL get their cap bids the harder it is for pilots like air hoss to do the same post ISL.
Quote:
The arbitrator will have to make sense of all this with his award.

I am sure we will all be dissappointed
Truth of the matter right there.....

We can kick and scream and wiggle all we want but that's it in a nut shell..
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to