Horizon Air hiring

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 4 of 7
Go to
Is there a flow to Alaska?
No flow through. They wave the PIC requirement if you have 2000 SIC turbine for Horizon pilots. You still apply like everyone else. Chances are, though, that if you are at Horizon you will likely make some contacts at Alaska who can refer you or write a letter of Rec. Otherwise I'm not sure what advantage Horizon pilots have over anyone else at getting in to Alaska.
QXers are supposed to fill 30% of Alaska's classes, per a non-contractual agreement. This is NOT a flow, but a preferential hiring 'quota,' is all.
Bump

Application Window Open Until March 5th
Correction: 30% of interviews. My apologies for the misinformation.
Quote: No flow through. They wave the PIC requirement if you have 2000 SIC turbine for Horizon pilots....Otherwise I'm not sure what advantage Horizon pilots have over anyone else at getting in to Alaska.
The only big advantage QX guys have is that they're already based and living in the Pacifc NW. AS has a traditional preference for pilots with close ties to the NW and/or Alaskan flying experience.

Pilots who currently reside in the state of Alaska have an additional leg up because, for the most part, new hires get ANC based initially.
Can any Horizon guys/gals tell me who the Chief Pilot is? Thanks!
LaMar Haugaard, Chief Pilot Horizon Air
8070 NE AIRTRANS WAY
PORTLAND, OR 97218-1264
503-384-4550 (Horizon Operations in Portland)
Quote: LaMar Haugaard, Chief Pilot Horizon Air
8070 NE AIRTRANS WAY
PORTLAND, OR 97218-1264
503-384-4550 (Horizon Operations in Portland)
Thanks for the help!
Is Medford the junior base at QX? What is the hiring for?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 4 of 7
Go to