Horizon Air hiring

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to
Junior base will most likely be Spokane or Medford. Hiring is for anticpated attrition; we have several people in the hiring pool at Alaska and there are a few others going elsewhere. Definitely no growth announced or on the Horizon(like what I did there ?) There might be a few new aircraft going to the state of Alaska but most of think that SKW will siphon off a few more aircraft making for zero net gain.
Quote: Junior base will most likely be Spokane or Medford. Hiring is for anticpated attrition; we have several people in the hiring pool at Alaska and there are a few others going elsewhere. Definitely no growth announced or on the Horizon(like what I did there ?) There might be a few new aircraft going to the state of Alaska but most of think that SKW will siphon off a few more aircraft making for zero net gain.
So possible ANC base? So expanding upon on the Horizon? Haha Thanks for the info!
Quote: So possible ANC base? So expanding upon on the Horizon? Haha Thanks for the info!
No expanding, just re-distributing. Air Group has a few more CRJ's leased to an African airline, and if they bring those back and give them to SKW, then they can give some more of the lower 48 QX flying to SKW, freeing up a few Q's to go up to ANC. No growth... just another displacement bid.
Anybody hear from last window? Crickets here....
Awwww. Thanks Horizon for informing me that I meet the credentials, but apparently there is "an EXTREMELY high level of competition..." right.
Hey QX bros in MFR what is RSV like in that base? I imagine that it would take longer to hold a decent RSV sked at QX than to hold a long call type sked at OO. I live in base there and have commuted to IAH for another company. I was just thinking about the QOL being on RSV living in base and how nice it would be if they didn't call often...
If you live in base it would be fine, but commuting to reserve in MFR is HARD. You have to commute down the day before, and usually dont get home until the day after, so you would be commuting on your only 2 days off in the week.

There is no 'decent' reserve line to pick from in mfr, they are all about the same expect one usually has weekends off. There were only 2 reserve lines up until today, 14hr duty starting at 330am. Just saw in the new bid packet today that there are 2 more reserve lines added, PM starting at 1030am. All reserve lines have 13days off per 5 week bid.

Dont come here with the intention of being in mfr. It is very likely that new hires from here out (if there are any) will be ANC based come fall...
Horizon Air hiring
Thanks for the info.
Quote: Hey QX bros in MFR what is RSV like in that base? I imagine that it would take longer to hold a decent RSV sked at QX than to hold a long call type sked at OO. I live in base there and have commuted to IAH for another company. I was just thinking about the QOL being on RSV living in base and how nice it would be if they didn't call often...
A few problems with this... reserve schedules always suck, and there have been no long-call reserve lines since the new bases opened. Secondly, they always call. There has been premium pay trips available in all bases for FO's for a while now, with no end in sight. A LOT of those. We're currently pretty short on FO's, although the official line is that we're over-staffed.
At Colgan if you were assigned reserve it was really just a line that you didn't know you about yet. Similar? Also, commuting out to ANC from MFR would be just as hard as any commute out there. I've had enough 2 leg commuting.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to