Air Wisconsin

Subscribe
104  154  194  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  207  208  214  254  304 
Page 204 of 676
Go to
Quote: By last year's potential deal do you mean the TA? If so then it fell apart because it was crap. No pay raises, higher health benefit contributions...overall it was a concessionary deal although the union will deny that until the day they die.
The contract with delta fell though becuase there was language in the agreement that the owners didn't like, pretty much high promises that we had to make and if we didn't come though meant heavy fines or termination of the agreement. Something of the like
Quote: The contract with delta fell though becuase there was language in the agreement that the owners didn't like, pretty much high promises that we had to make and if we didn't come though meant heavy fines or termination of the agreement. Something of the like
In other words, they saw the wolf in sheeps clothing
Our guy Saul Goodman advised us we had a fat chicks chance at the dance to make that deal work
Quote: Shame on you. How many years of abuse did it take you to arrive at that conclusion? You have classic Stockholm syndrome and need to evaluate your own role in your present situation.
Not sure where you work or what abuse you have endured, but if AWAC has caused me to have Stockholm syndrome then I wouldn't know what people at other places have, because the 'pain' that I have felt is laughable compared to a 7 year FO at envoy, endeavor, or a GoJet pilot.

By screwed I mean I have been Junior manned/extended 3 or 4 times in the span of 5 years, not been provided positive space when having commuting issues a few times (although no disciplinary action either of course), and been twice rerouted from a nice trip in to crappy overnight for operational reasons. And that is it. I have friends at DAL and UAL that have some worst stories.

You results will vary, but even having sat FO reserve for almost 2 yrs and 5 year upgrade I have NEVER worked a x-mas, thanksgiving, or major holiday, and averaged 13-14 days off with 80-85hrs credit.

I am not special or pretty in any way so if you work at AWAC and you have experienced something far worse, then go back to bidding and working the system 101.

If you don't work at AWAC and you have had worst experiences than me, then sorry I guess?

You see, I wanted to be an airline pilot. And guess what? I did it. If we close shop tomorrow then yes I would open my job search to JetBlue, Southwest, and Spirit as place holders till one of the big 3 calls. Would I start over at PSA, RAH, etc? No way. I will gladly walk out of the industry and still die happy. I am not one of those folks who seems to think that they cant do anything in life but fly. Thats why I got a science degree instead.

Cheers.
Quote:
Win a free iPad or Dinner (up to $150) for Two with a one night stay at any hotel in the system for picking up open time this weekend. Lots of great trips out there! Any First Officer that picks up open time from now until 1800ET today will be eligible to win either prize. Eligible participants must will have their name entered for every two legs (excluding DH) they pick up for this weekend (Friday 1stApril, Saturday 2nd April and Sunday 3rd April). The drawing will take place on Monday and two winners will be chosen.
Just got this email.

Interesting...
All the concern over lower block hours yet they are now offering a prize drawing for those who pick up open time this weekend. It's gonna be interesting to see how creative they get this summer.
Quote: Just got this email.

Interesting...
Surprised they didn't do that for the Captain side.
Quote: Just got this email.

Interesting...
Don't you guys already have iPad EFBs?
Quote: Don't you guys already have iPad EFBs?
Yes

..............filler
Quote: Yes

..............filler
It's a spare
104  154  194  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  207  208  214  254  304 
Page 204 of 676
Go to