New Hire Quality of Life

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to
Quote: Best of luck getting an interview/hired if you do not know a pilot there able to personally answer these questions for you.
smh
Quote: Yo Chedd,

Stick around. The nimrods eventually get tired of being so knowledgeable and split. Sometimes they just can't take snappy rejoinders so keep them coming. I love it.

Besides, its cocktail hour.
Ha ha! Yes Sir!!!
Thanks Mako... I agree with cocktail hour, but that music list on another thread - ouch man. We should do a top 25 best adult beverage list. Otherwise, I don't think I'd have much to add unless terms 'neat' or 'on the rocks' + bourbon would a cocktail make.

APC - thanks for the link.

Cheers mates
Does UAL fly F-15's or MD-11's?
Quote: Did you really ask that question on the Major Airline section, is there a commuting policy? Seriously...is EWR Jr....
I'll never forget the F-15 boy that I had in a 777 transition class. He was confused and had no idea what the term VMCG meant and was confused why we needed that number to figure a "slippery" V1. So I explained it to him in a clam, professional manner. During the break before the sim he informed me that I was "NEVER" to embarrass him like that again. That I should have explained it to him in private but NEVER in front of "his" (he was an f/o) crew!

The little turd was too arrogant to know how embarrassed he should have been for not knowing that in the first place!

Don't worry about the odd certified AFA in the crowd.
Quote: Thanks Mako... I agree with cocktail hour, but that music list on another thread - ouch man. We should do a top 25 best adult beverage list. Otherwise, I don't think I'd have much to add unless terms 'neat' or 'on the rocks' + bourbon would a cocktail make.

APC - thanks for the link.

Cheers mates

Not my list Sir, that was lifted from Mr Google.
Quote:
..F-15 boy..
Nice....
I will admit that fighter dudes have a lot to learn when they transition to the airlines. Out of curiosity when you get the numbers to input into the FMS is VMCG included?
Quote:
The little turd was too arrogant...
Sure...we have them....everyone does! He was probably a retired "big wig."
Quote:
You just cemented the stereotype the rest of the world has about certain F-15 guys
Doubtful, that was done long before me.
Quote:
I bet you're a blast on a trip..
Oh yea, I'm a "slam, click" because I flew fighters. Actually we have a great time on layovers!

Sorry, its just your question struck me as elitist. Have you done any research on flying for the airlines? Did you wake up one day and decide you now want to fly for the airlines? Like the academy cadet that takes the pilot slot because its expected. If an F-15 pilot asked that question he'd hear it even worse from me.
Good luck!
Quote: I'll never forget the F-15 boy that I had in a 777 transition class. He was confused and had no idea what the term VMCG meant and was confused why we needed that number to figure a "slippery" V1. So I explained it to him in a clam, professional manner. During the break before the sim he informed me that I was "NEVER" to embarrass him like that again. That I should have explained it to him in private but NEVER in front of "his" (he was an f/o) crew!

The little turd was too arrogant to know how embarrassed he should have been for not knowing that in the first place!

Don't worry about the odd certified AFA in the crowd.
Sounds like the USAFA football player B777 FO with the Camo ballcap and unlit cigar in his mouth.... that was a concerning jumpseat ride....

he fit the stereotype.... 'enough about the AF, let's talk about me...'
Quote:
Out of curiosity when you get the numbers to input into the FMS is VMCG included?
Back in those days you had to reference the flight manual that had a weight/altitude/max power/VMCG chart. We no longer have slippery V1 as a calculation. The numbers provided for T/O performance are supposed to guarantee VMCG limits. If in doubt with a super low V1 I'd look it up just to be sure.

Quote:
Sure...we have them....everyone does! He was probably a retired "big wig."
O4 who'd done his mandatory and got out.

I know a bunch of F-15 guys who are good dudes. But there is definitely the "Ego driver" sect who didn't get the message and never will get the message. Don't be one of those guys.
Cheddar, I appreciate your questions and those with considerate answers. We all know how the saying goes..."there is no dumb question". Otherwise, check your attitude at the door please.
As the old adage goes, "How do you know there is a Fighter Pilot at your party??? He'll tell you"
Most of us try desperately NOT to be that guy.
Hang in there Cheddar; first two are on me.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to