FDX - B-767 - LOA or ELSE!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 33
Go to
From the MEC Chairman's B-767 Q and A today:

=======================================
Q. Are the 767 negotiations different than the other CBA Sections which you discussed?

A. Yes, the main difference is that if there is no agreement, the Company may take action which leads to an arbitration or even litigation. We believe that both sides are better off with an agreement versus a prolonged dispute, but the terms have to be right (Click here to view previous Q&A discussing 26.K arbitration).

How do you feel about ratifying a B-767 LOA before we reach agreement on a full CBA?

How do you feel about the tacit threat that if we don't reach agreement, The Company may take action?

Tony, Tony, Tony ...

Everyone knows that the Company will (with ALPA's endorsement) throw us a 3% COLA bone in exchange for a 767 LOA and we will vote for it!*?

Next question please ...
Quote: From the MEC Chairman's B-767 Q and A today:

Q. Are the 767 negotiations different than the other CBA Sections which you discussed?

A. Yes, the main difference is that if there is no agreement, the Company may take action which leads to an arbitration or even litigation. We believe that both sides are better off with an agreement versus a prolonged dispute, but the terms have to be right (Click here to view previous Q&A discussing 26.K arbitration).

How do you feel about ratifying a B-767 LOA before we reach agreement on a full CBA?

How do you feel about the tacit threat that if we don't reach agreement, The Company may take action?

Q1: If an agreement meets the needs of the pilots and is sent for ratification then I will vote, after reading it of course

Q2: Call it what you will, I personally do not think it is a "threat", rather more of a "promise". Remember we have orders for about 50 76's and we have no method to "stop" them from bidding and flying the jet (nor should we as these are a needed update to our fleet). We have our MEC Reps, Officers and Committee's to work on our behalf and they are the ones with the most information and I consider this message information, nothing else.
You see a threat, I see an informational statement about a contract section few of us will read.

I would prefer: a full CBA. Would rather have an LOA than a company imposition.

To me, seems to be the lesser of two evils.
It is very easy for the company to be intransigent, and I'd rather have $$ now versus a percentage of said $$ later
But that's just me
I think instead of dealing with the company on this, we should go to Boeing. Ask them to re-designate the 767 as an A380 - problem solved
Quote: I think instead of dealing with the company on this, we should go to Boeing. Ask them to re-designate the 767 as an A380 - problem solved

I Like it!!! Please sign this man up for the Negotiating Committee. We need more creative thinkers like him!
Quote: From the MEC Chairman's B-767 Q and A today:

I see Tony. The MEC Chair makes a statement and it is a tacit threat. You make a statement and it is to make sure we have all the information. You really should see a professional about your obsession.
Quote: I see Tony. The MEC Chair makes a statement and it is a tacit threat. You make a statement and it is to make sure we have all the information. You really should see a professional about your obsession.
He thinks he sees a professional when he looks in the mirror.
Quote:

How do you feel about the 777 deal the MEC, under DW, down and never got back because we pushed for more? I think you were there at the time.
Quote:
How do you feel about the 777 deal the MEC, under DW, down and never got back because we pushed for more? I think you were there at the time.

If you'd be so kind as to translate that to English, I'd be glad to try to respond.

1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 33
Go to