Mesa

Subscribe
20  60  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  80  120  170  570 
Page 70 of 917
Go to
Quote: Ya I see a lot of young guys going to ExpressJet recently. That shows they have NO idea what they are doing.
I'm one of those CFI's that is will be coming into the industry in the next few months. Mesa is definitately on my "top 3". I'm not a 21 one year old though and have tried to keep up while I was away from flying for a few years. I'm shocked to say this, but overall everything I'm seeing/reading leads me to believe things are turning around and much better than what they used to be. Heck, dare I say be a decent place to work?

Morale seems to be going down at XJT. I don't know why so many go there unless it's that it's what everyone else has done for years. It's not somewhere I'd hate to be stuck at, but there are better looking options in the current market. We will see how true that is when I pull the trigger.
please delete
Quote: No, you just gross more than Mesa.
Yeah because as a 2nd or 3rd year CA at YV I won't gross more than a 2nd or 3rd year FO at XJT or anything..... I don't know why I even respond to you.
Quote: I'm one of those CFI's that is will be coming into the industry in the next few months. Mesa is definitately on my "top 3". I'm not a 21 one year old though and have tried to keep up while I was away from flying for a few years. I'm shocked to say this, but overall everything I'm seeing/reading leads me to believe things are turning around and much better than what they used to be. Heck, dare I say be a decent place to work?

Morale seems to be going down at XJT. I don't know why so many go there unless it's that it's what everyone else has done for years. It's not somewhere I'd hate to be stuck at, but there are better looking options in the current market. We will see how true that is when I pull the trigger.
It's not specifically the morale (if they are having issues I don't know) that would scare me away its the fact that they have a fleet of 400+ aircraft and of the 400+, 84% are 50 seaters.

I have yet to hear of any future orders of large RJs by XJT. It's no secret that CRJ200s and 145s are on their way out. Things look bleak.

I was "told" which is probably wrong information that I did not verify, that XJT is operating on a continual renewing two year agreement with united for 50 seat flying.
Quote: Going on 3.5 months I've been waiting for a reply. Been waiting since mid-August. Guess I'll just keep calling every day or other day.
Did you leave Silver? I recently hit the silk, have a class date with XJT soon, but I might hold out for my Mesa class date.
For those of you at Mesa:

What's the training department like? Do you guys do AQP for recurrents?
Quote: For those of you at Mesa:

What's the training department like? Do you guys do AQP for recurrents?
The training dept. is great, they really over-prepare you for everything. Yes, we do Aqp for recurrent.
Quote: The training dept. is great, they really over-prepare you for everything. Yes, we do Aqp for recurrent.
I've heard this time and time again. Glad to hear. . No such thing as overprepared in my books. What you don't use in an oral or sim ride, may or will eventually be used on the line at some point.
Quote: Did you leave Silver? I recently hit the silk, have a class date with XJT soon, but I might hold out for my Mesa class date.
Hit the silk? How so?
Quote: Yeah because as a 2nd or 3rd year CA at YV I won't gross more than a 2nd or 3rd year FO at XJT or anything..... I don't know why I even respond to you.
Good point. Make that a 2nd or 3rd year FO on reserve at XJT. 25 50 seaters leaving the fleet next year. Not sure the breakdown between ERJ/CRJ.

A bad choice can have one pilot left seat in a E175/CR7/9 and the other reserve FO getting short called for 7 legs outta ATL in the CR2
20  60  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  80  120  170  570 
Page 70 of 917
Go to