Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
93  593  993  1043  1083  1089  1090  1091  1092  1093  1094  1095  1096  1097  1103 
Page 1093 of 1123
Go to
Next Delta job fair in ATL?
Anyone know when Delta will do another job fair like they did at the training center?
Quote: I think we're the only major airline that requires new hires get and pay for a yellow fever vaccine.

I think that's because we are the only US airline that flies to Africa.

Quote: .

I think that's because we are the only US airline that flies to Africa.

United just started Cape Town. I wonder if it’s required for flying to S.A.
Quote: Anyone know when Delta will do another job fair like they did at the training center?
Nothing announced. Best to follow Delta Pilot Recruiting on Facebook and Twitter. And if you don’t have social media, ask a friend or check back here as I’m sure it’ll cause a thread.
Quote: Anyone know when Delta will do another job fair like they did at the training center?
I believe one of their recent postings mentioned the possibility of Fall 2020 for the next one. Nothing set in stone yet.
Quote: This sounds illegal, no? Basically paying for a job interview.
Good luck proving the correlation though. I guarantee delta legal has that sorted out.
Quote: Anyone else having difficulty with the yellow fever vaccination? After calling a dozen places from the CDC website I still could only get 1 appointment 3 weeks out.

Also NOT covered at all by insurance. 100% out of pocket...about $350.
Welcome to Delta.
Save some of that money for uniforms and a crash pad during initial.
Quote: This sounds illegal, no? Basically paying for a job interview.
I'm not sure if you know the regionals had a pay for training employment model in the 1990s. I spent $11,000 to start at $15ish an hour in a turboprop. Some claim it was lunacy but I'm here today and education debt free.
Quote: I'm not sure if you know the regionals had a pay for training employment model in the 1990s. I spent $11,000 to start at $15ish an hour in a turboprop. Some claim it was lunacy but I'm here today and education debt free.
Not quite the same thing since at the regionals back then you were already hired. I guess you could argue the hiring was conditional, but still you knew going in what those conditions were. The Delta ATP program is completely separate entity from being a Delta employee. Basically the order (maybe) matters: you’re hired, now pay for training, vs pay for training, now you’re hired...
Quote: Not quite the same thing since at the regionals back then you were already hired. I guess you could argue the hiring was conditional, but still you knew going in what those conditions were. The Delta ATP program is completely separate entity from being a Delta employee. Basically the order (maybe) matters: you’re hired, now pay for training, vs pay for training, now you’re hired...
Do they hire everyone who does the training? It sounds to me like they offer training to qualify for a license. That training may or may not give an individual a little more visibility in a competitive hiring environment.

I know people who attended certain colleges because those programs offered an increased chance with a certain company. Is that wrong because they didn’t have the job before attending?
93  593  993  1043  1083  1089  1090  1091  1092  1093  1094  1095  1096  1097  1103 
Page 1093 of 1123
Go to