Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
192  592  642  682  688  689  690  691  692  693  694  695  696  702  742  792 
Page 692 of 1123
Go to
I took almost 10 years to complete my MA due to mil ops tempo. Didn't hear a word about it in the interview. As stated, if you have been working while trying to complete it, I don't think it will be an issue. Otherwise, you might have some explaining to do. I would power through and get it done.
Quote: Quick question. How long is too long to finish a masters degree? I know Delta doesn't like it when it takes too long to finish a bachelors degree, and my bachelors took awhile. I started grad school in August 2014, and could finish Summer of 2016, but I'm getting pretty burned out and was looking at taking the summers off. Anybody got any insight?
It took me longer than 6 to get my bachelors. I wasn't having fun in spare time, helped get the family business on its feet. 100% self paid tuition. Wish there was a place in airlineapps to explain that. I think if you explain what was going on they should understand.
Quote: What quals are getting ANG/reserve heavy drivers the e-mail invite? I'm looking for PIC, IP, EP, total time info, and education. I've seen a lot of my squadron mates getting hired which is awesome. All but 1 had EP time. Most have master's degrees, and had been to either safety school, AIS, shop chiefs or CC's. I'm curious as to what quals other guard/reserve heavy drivers are getting the invite at.
Guard/reservists with 121 time are getting called with as little as 1700 TOTAL TIME as mil copilots. Great app lots of life experience but just low time. Delta loves the outside experience and call u with low time if the rest of the app is strong and u are mil/121. Those I've seen hired have good GPAs. I know EPs with low gpa (less than 3.0) that can't get a call yet I got a call in 2013 with 2300 TT and no TPIC. I got a call as a mil copilot and 767 pilot 121. Masters, 4.0, lots of extracurricular, volunteer, etc... Good luck all. The calls will come.
Quote: Guard/reservists with 121 time are getting called with as little as 1700 TOTAL TIME as mil copilots. Great app lots of life experience but just low time. Delta loves the outside experience and call u with low time if the rest of the app is strong and u are mil/121. Those I've seen hired have good GPAs. I know EPs with low gpa (less than 3.0) that can't get a call yet I got a call in 2013 with 2300 TT and no TPIC. I got a call as a mil copilot and 767 pilot 121. Masters, 4.0, lots of extracurricular, volunteer, etc... Good luck all. The calls will come.

2000 SIC 121 time,700 F-16 with about 3300 total

Bach degree, volunteer, multiple DG awards from flight training, multiple internal recs... Hopefully something soon!
I have a question for those that have re-interviewed.

The letter I got says I have to wait 6 months, but it is slightly unclear. Can I call/email to make the arrangements for the interview prior to 6 months; trying to no kidding interview on the 180th day. Or....
Do I have to wait 6 months to contact them to try and set up the interview.

Thanks.

3 months down.
Quote: Quick question. How long is too long to finish a masters degree? I know Delta doesn't like it when it takes too long to finish a bachelors degree, and my bachelors took awhile. I started grad school in August 2014, and could finish Summer of 2016, but I'm getting pretty burned out and was looking at taking the summers off. Anybody got any insight?
I don't think they care when it comes to a masters degree. It's a long drawn out bachelor's that is more the flag.
I know a guy that is a recruiter for a regional airline and he rubs shoulders with the recruiters at Delta. He has been trying to get an interview and he was told they couldn't give him an interview yet because he took too long to get his masters degree. Not sure how much truth their is to that so take it for what it's worth.
Know someone who got the call without a masters degree...retired AF and low time and below 3.0 GPA on Bachelors. It's been said here again and again. It isn't one thing but the whole person concept that counts.
Quote: I have a question for those that have re-interviewed.

The letter I got says I have to wait 6 months, but it is slightly unclear. Can I call/email to make the arrangements for the interview prior to 6 months; trying to no kidding interview on the 180th day. Or....

Do I have to wait 6 months to contact them to try and set up the interview.

Thanks.

3 months down.

If the policy hasn't changed in the last 6 months, you can call at your 5 month anniversary to schedule the first available date on or after your 6 month anniversary.
Which transcripts are required for the interview, just college? Or HS as well?
192  592  642  682  688  689  690  691  692  693  694  695  696  702  742  792 
Page 692 of 1123
Go to