jetBlue Hiring

Subscribe
364  864  1264  1314  1354  1360  1361  1362  1363  1364  1365  1366  1367  1368  1374  1414 
Page 1364 of 1434
Go to
How strict is The Lodge with additional guests? My wife and I live about 100 yards off the water in St Pete. Obviously, with the hurricane approaching it would be ideal if she could stay a night or two while I begin my training on 9/27 to keep away from the storm. Worst case scenario I can try to find a hotel but it seems most are sold out. TIA
Quote: How strict is The Lodge with additional guests? My wife and I live about 100 yards off the water in St Pete. Obviously, with the hurricane approaching it would be ideal if she could stay a night or two while I begin my training on 9/27 to keep away from the storm. Worst case scenario I can try to find a hotel but it seems most are sold out. TIA
No guests. Rooms are single occupancy but hotels off of Semoran are very reasonable and the shuttle drops off hourly I think at OSC
Quote: How strict is The Lodge with additional guests? My wife and I live about 100 yards off the water in St Pete. Obviously, with the hurricane approaching it would be ideal if she could stay a night or two while I begin my training on 9/27 to keep away from the storm. Worst case scenario I can try to find a hotel but it seems most are sold out. TIA
request to switch from lodge to hotel. They can accommodate that. Most guys do that if training is longer than the recurrent footprint. And if you throw in your situation with the wife and hurricane they’ll definitely make it happen for you.
Last policy I remember at compound Jetblue were guests are fine in the common areas but nobody in the room floors

Safety is number one core value - - so the answer will be no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Safety is number one core value - - so the answer will be no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In all fairness in the recent past they have opened up the lodge to family members who have evacuated from an approaching storm, they’ve arranged “rescue flts” primary for affected crew members and their families… might not happen in this case since the track is drifting away from Tampa and the throughput at OSC I’m sure is through the roof. But they are not nearly as cynical as you present, close, but not to that extent. Mmjg will become cynical soon enough over time they don’t need your help with that before they even arrive.

As to our new joiner friend in this situation I would email your contact in OSC and see if they can arrange off campus lodging for at least the first week or two then jump to the lodge for the rest of your training and cite your reasons… it’s definitely worth a try. They usually have massive amounts of rooms blocked off in the hotels off Semoran for induction weeks.
Any recent class drops?
Quote: What’s the protocol for a hurricane when in training? I’ve only had to deal with earthquakes growing up.
3 words: emergency mai tais
Quote: Any recent class drops?
Check the "Class Drops" thread...most recent is there
Quote: Does JB call at 500 turbine 121 FO time?

Able to choose your fleet type in training? (if I want the a320)
They are interviewing 1500 ATP applicants with 100 hours turbine.
364  864  1264  1314  1354  1360  1361  1362  1363  1364  1365  1366  1367  1368  1374  1414 
Page 1364 of 1434
Go to