jetBlue Hiring

Subscribe
218  268  308  314  315  316  317  318  319  320  321  322  328  368  418  818  1318 
Page 318 of 1434
Go to
Quote: 2 questions for the day.
Does JB offer a Roth 401K?

JB is scheduled to take delivery of about 40 aircraft in the next 4 years. Current fleet is approximately 200. Will the fleet size be about 240 after the deliveries, or are some going to be replacements?
Yes on the Roth. They're matching mine. Through T. Rowe Price. Not a tremendous amount of investment options but that's par in the corporate world. Full disclosure - wife works for Fidelity so we're spoiled; the entire market is open to us. I can literally have gold bars delivered to the house or buy investment properties in her 401. When I was at FlightSafety we had 12 funds to invest in - kind of ironic given the fact it's owned by Berkshire Hathaway.
Quote: Not if you're not good at it!
I was hoping for that movie-like scene where the Girl (FA) wanders over seductively, says, "let me get that," and ties it for me. Still waiting.
Quote: It takes ten seconds to tie a tie
It's a safety thing for me.

1. I don't want it to get caught in a belt loader and choke me to death. It could happen.

2. If you DO get a hijack attempt, I don't want my tie to become a means of choking me out.

Yeah yeah, both are unlikely. I get that. But since I don't care which I wear, I choose the one with less risk. Looking good matters less to me than possibly getting strangled by a belt loader.
jetBlue Hiring
http://www.dol.govt.nz/news/media/2003/worker-strangled.asp

Rare, but possible.
Quote: 2 questions for the day.
Does JB offer a Roth 401K?

JB is scheduled to take delivery of about 40 aircraft in the next 4 years. Current fleet is approximately 200. Will the fleet size be about 240 after the deliveries, or are some going to be replacements?
No public plans of replacing/reducing fleet count. But who knows when that will change.
Numbers being floated at the school house are 400 for 2015 and 250-350 for 2016 and 2017 each. So they say... They want 3400 on property by end of this year. Unless I misunderstood or heard wrong or they misspoke.

Things are moving along at a nice pace.
congrats on the 320 type and finishing up training!
Quote: Agree on the shirts. Any luck with the tapered? I got the regular and there's a lot of fabric. On the pants, I think we got the bait and switch. The pants the class tried on were pleated and we all ordered non-pleated. Also, there's been hundreds of...well, let's just say unmentionables...pressed inside those demo models so they're probably significantly stretched out.
The tapered shirts are still way too baggy, and I haven't even tried the regular ones.
Quote: It's a safety thing for me.

1. I don't want it to get caught in a belt loader and choke me to death. It could happen.

2. If you DO get a hijack attempt, I don't want my tie to become a means of choking me out.

Yeah yeah, both are unlikely. I get that. But since I don't care which I wear, I choose the one with less risk. Looking good matters less to me than possibly getting strangled by a belt loader.
Agreed on the issue about the tie getting caught, especially in a emergency evacuation. It is like for the ID lanyards, now most have a safety breakaway, disconnecting under pressure to eliminate choking risks.
Agreed also on the clip not being possible to just loosen up.
May be a solution would be a zipper tie, with a breakaway in the back.
The best solution is to just get rid of the tie all together.
Anyone get called for a January Interview? I haven't seen anything on here about any going on unless I missed it.
218  268  308  314  315  316  317  318  319  320  321  322  328  368  418  818  1318 
Page 318 of 1434
Go to