jetBlue Hiring

Subscribe
243  293  333  339  340  341  342  343  344  345  346  347  353  393  443  843  1343 
Page 343 of 1434
Go to
Quote: okay, the 1/27/15 interview session has been rescheduled for 2/10/15. I have the 8:30am slot.
Thanks for the update.
Congrats to those getting the call. Can anyone help me figure how to actually apply on JBs website? I click on First Officer opportunities and it directs me to a job search section. I've tried everything I can think of to look for "first officer" openings. Is hiring closed? Thanks in advance.
Quote: Congrats to those getting the call. Can anyone help me figure how to actually apply on JBs website? I click on First Officer opportunities and it directs me to a job search section. I've tried everything I can think of to look for "first officer" openings. Is hiring closed? Thanks in advance.
This question was just answered one page back...

The hiring window is not currently open. It is rumored to open the beginning of March for WIA.

Lasted information I have heard is jetBlue will not hire pilots at 10,000+ hrs. Why is that?
If true, is there any hope for someone with well above that number and 10+yrs in the left seat at a regional (not a check-airman) to ever get a call to interview?
Thanks Ilikeplanes! I will keep my eye on the website for the next open window.
Quote: Lasted information I have heard is jetBlue will not hire pilots at 10,000+ hrs. Why is that?
If true, is there any hope for someone with well above that number and 10+yrs in the left seat at a regional (not a check-airman) to ever get a call to interview?
Delta has a similar requirement. It has to do with trainability. You're more likely to be "stuck in your ways." At least, that's what the Delta recruiter told me. Their limit was 6000 TPIC, though it's not a HARD limit. They just look at you more carefully.
Quote: Lasted information I have heard is jetBlue will not hire pilots at 10,000+ hrs. Why is that?
I don't believe this is the case. Anecdotally it seems low time FO's are the only ones getting the call but there are 10K+ guys getting interviewed.
Quote: Delta has a similar requirement. It has to do with trainability. You're more likely to be "stuck in your ways." At least, that's what the Delta recruiter told me. Their limit was 6000 TPIC, though it's not a HARD limit. They just look at you more carefully.
Thanks for the info. I had heard that too many years in the left seat would cause you to strike out from getting a call to interview. Makes some sense to include total flight hours I guess.

Interesting that in years long past, it was desirable to have high flight time to show experience and maturity. Times have changed indeed.
Quote: Delta has a similar requirement. It has to do with trainability. You're more likely to be "stuck in your ways." At least, that's what the Delta recruiter told me. Their limit was 6000 TPIC, though it's not a HARD limit. They just look at you more carefully.
That makes no sense whatsoever.
Quote: That makes no sense whatsoever.
US Airways had the same deal. Idk if they still do. But they did a year or two ago.
243  293  333  339  340  341  342  343  344  345  346  347  353  393  443  843  1343 
Page 343 of 1434
Go to