If everyone would quit would you?

Subscribe
View Poll Results: Would you quit if everyone else was going to?
No. Wouldn't want to get involved.
39.45%
Yes. Anything to make this industry better.
60.55%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Too many people are living on credit. They have backed themselves into a corner and are slaves to their employer. I enjoy hearing, "this is 'Murica and I'm gonna be happy", while they work for subpar wages to spend a lifetime making the minimum payments on their credit cards.
Quote: Too many people are living on credit. They have backed themselves into a corner and are slaves to their employer. I enjoy hearing, "this is 'Murica and I'm gonna be happy", while they work for subpar wages to spend a lifetime making the minimum payments on their credit cards.
I learned the dangers of this EARLY on and it has been the number ONE financial lesson that I thank my mother for imparting to me. There were times when I got very jealous, in college especially, when all of my peers were living high on the hog, and I wanted the same. I told her many times I was going to take the plunge myself, but thank goodness common sense prevailed!
Quote: Too many people are living on credit. They have backed themselves into a corner and are slaves to their employer. I enjoy hearing, "this is 'Murica and I'm gonna be happy", while they work for subpar wages to spend a lifetime making the minimum payments on their credit cards.
I really strive to not use any credit cards. I have 1 that came with opening a Bank Of America account in college but RARELY use it. Cash, or we don't need it. Now that does exclude our soon to be mortgage and 1 car payment for the misses. I still drive my beater from high school, works like a charm.
Voted No. I wouldn't want to rock the boat. I've always trusted management has my best interests in mind when they make decisions.
Quote: I really strive to not use any credit cards. I have 1 that came with opening a Bank Of America account in college but RARELY use it. Cash, or we don't need it. Now that does exclude our soon to be mortgage and 1 car payment for the misses. I still drive my beater from high school, works like a charm.
Credit cards are not even the problem if paid off and/or used with a modicum of financial responsibility. A person/family may even have an *emergency* where they have to be able to spend an amount for some home/car repair for example that they may not be able to pay off right away. But using the 15-20% interest rate credit card to buy that new 70" LED that you just can't live without is usually a bad choice if you are struggling financially in my opinion.
Quote: Credit cards are not even the problem if paid off and/or used with a modicum of financial responsibility. A person/family may even have an *emergency* where they have to be able to spend an amount for some home/car repair for example that they may not be able to pay off right away. But using the 15-20% interest rate credit card to buy that new 70" LED that you just can't live without is usually a bad choice if you are struggling financially in my opinion.
100% agreed
Zero credit card debt here- it's only for hotels and rental cars and I pay it off in a few days. Why give your money away. As far as this mass walkout is concerned it's fun to dream, but it's not even remotely practical. If you look at walkouts in other countries, Britain had a truck driver walkout a few years ago and they do occur here and there in the world, but things have to be just about unworkable due to gas prices or something like that for a mass organized walkout. Chronically low wages are not enough, there needs to be crisis event.
I agree with the credit card words.

However, my wife and I put absolutely everything on a card we share. Every bill, night out, hotel yada yada yada. Pay it off in full each month and as a result we get hundreds in cash back each year.

If you have the discipline to do that it's a great way to get a nice little cash bonus.
Quote: I agree with the credit card words.

However, my wife and I put absolutely everything on a card we share. Every bill, night out, hotel yada yada yada. Pay it off in full each month and as a result we get hundreds in cash back each year.

If you have the discipline to do that it's a great way to get a nice little cash bonus.
I do the same - and the bolded above is the KEY!
Quote: Just hypotheticaly speaking. If a movement was started to change wages and work rules would you do it and what would you ask for?

Personally I'd take the regional with the best work rules like maybe ExpressJet and ask for this Jazz pay-scale.

There are too many pilots who would take advantage of the ones who took a stand to quit until things improved. They would see this as a way to get quick seniority and upgrades (PIC). The way they keep us down now is just to start a new airline and there are always pilots willing to step on others as long as they can move up quickly and have a slightly better QOL than those they stepped on. Sadly, it's every man/woman for themselves.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to