Spirit Airlines current hiring

Subscribe
271  321  361  367  368  369  370  371  372  373  374  375  381 
Page 371 of 410
Go to
Quote: Nope. But I get your point.
Hey Gator, just disengage. It's not worth it.

When I fly with these guys. You know the type. Can't wait to tell you all about the "idiots" they have to work with. How they had to "take over" and save the day.

I spend the rest of the pairing exposing all of there weaknesses and lack of knowledge. The stuff you only gain from decades of dedicated study, experience and leadership from mentors.

We have a army of these types now. Thanks Recruiting!!!!!
Quote: In the case of FLL, we're never on an RNAV departure intially, we're simply on an assigned heading. Once you are cleared to an enroute fix you are then considered on the SID. I've heard it termed before as "cleared to __ to join the DP".

Maybe someone else has an obscure rule or side letter on the issue, but that's how our POI and the controlling ATC personnel view it. I'll side with them.
The implementation of "Nexgen" (ATC restructuring) is a mess. It's going to take years to smooth it out. Relax, kick back and enjoy the show.
Quote: Hey Gator, just disengage. It's not worth it.

When I fly with these guys. You know the type. Can't wait to tell you all about the "idiots" they have to work with. How they had to "take over" and save the day.

I spend the rest of the pairing exposing all of there weaknesses and lack of knowledge. The stuff you only gain from decades of dedicated study, experience and leadership from mentors.

We have a army of these types now. Thanks Recruiting!!!!!
He claimed to get it, so that's cool. Not looking for a power struggle. I just pointed out that we should check our own glass house before heaving stones. Just seemed like he got irritated that I commented on it after he admitted fault.

I try hard to avoid this kind of stuff. We can all corner one another on obscure rules, etc. I forget more than I know every day. We all bring something to the table, no need to name call or demean.
Quote: He claimed to get it, so that's cool. Not looking for a power struggle. I just pointed out that we should check our own glass house before heaving stones. Just seemed like he got irritated that I commented on it after he admitted fault.

I try hard to avoid this kind of stuff. We can all corner one another on obscure rules, etc. I forget more than I know every day. We all bring something to the table, no need to name call or demean.
I hear you.
I realize this is a heavily loaded question given the current state of things:

Is it worth it right now spending the time to attend next week's meet and greet in ACY? I know there's a lot of dust yet to settle, and I'm kind of surprised they're having it now.

Supposed to be nice weather next week at least...
Spirit is almost in the back half of FO hiring, unless new orders come. Why come? A320 type??? Do you really want the "Spirit" stink on your resume???
DFW base new hires?
How senior does DFW go on the seniority list?
Quote: ...and then being on reserve almost indefinitely.
For both Captains and First Officers.
Quote: For both Captains and First Officers.
No FOs ( DFW based) can hold a relief line or hard line anywhere from about 8months to a year right now. Now that subject to change at anytime.
Quote: No FOs ( DFW based) can hold a relief line or hard line anywhere from about 8months to a year right now. Now that subject to change at anytime.
And Captains are a year plus. Stagnation has already set in yet I'm still asked how long upgrades are here. Even with the amount of guys leaving this place has no future without an industry contract and a large order. And our management isn't playing the long game. Short term sale or a golden parachute, who knows. Anyone under 50 should be looking to get out of Dodge. Stock is still falling. Maybe someone respectable will buy us and put this yellow out of its misery.
271  321  361  367  368  369  370  371  372  373  374  375  381 
Page 371 of 410
Go to