Great Lakes' Part 135 plan

Subscribe
25  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  45 
Page 35 of 85
Go to
A commute plus a 3 hour drive with long winters? I understand living in a low cost area, but, ouch. Hope that changes for you eventually. Or she changes, if that is the case.
Quote: A commute plus a 3 hour drive with long winters? I understand living in a low cost area, but, ouch. Hope that changes for you eventually. Or she changes, if that is the case.
It is a temporary situation. I will be moving in a couple months.
Quote: What are you talking about?
Regional airlines back in the 90's were all operating under 135 ruies correct? If great lakes was approved for it would that not cause a domino effect for others to try and get approved as well? I could be wrong i just thought great lakes wouldn't be the only exception to the rule.
135 is limited to 9 seats. Other regionals will not be following lakes.
Quote: 135 is limited to 9 seats. Other regionals will not be following lakes.
If Lakes is approved, Silver will follow.
Quote: Regional airlines back in the 90's were all operating under 135 ruies correct? If great lakes was approved for it would that not cause a domino effect for others to try and get approved as well? I could be wrong i just thought great lakes wouldn't be the only exception to the rule.
In those days, 135 was up to 19 pax INTERstate or 29 pax INTRAstate.
Quote: Regional airlines back in the 90's were all operating under 135 ruies correct? If great lakes was approved for it would that not cause a domino effect for others to try and get approved as well? I could be wrong i just thought great lakes wouldn't be the only exception to the rule.
135 rules in the 90s were very different.

There already are plenty of 135s providing EAS, but they smartly use smaller aircraft (as intended) to do this.
Quote: If Lakes is approved, Silver will follow.
Silver recently announced intentions to phase out their 1900s.
Quote: Silver recently announced intentions to phase out their 1900s.
Lol it hurts when someone has facts.
Quote: In those days, 135 was up to 19 pax INTERstate or 29 pax INTRAstate.

In the mid 90's I was flying the Brasilia with 30 seats under part 135 all over the rocky mountian region (ranging from Texas to California and pretty much every state in between up and down the Rockies ). Multiple states usually in the same day with no dispatcher, and filing my own flight plans with Flight Service. And the flight training was all in the aircraft, middle of the night in RAP and with no IOE either. first flight with passengers on board was with a regular line Captain, from RAP to DEN (Stapleton) and a whopping total of roughly 7-8 hours in the right seat.

Can't say I miss those days.
25  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  45 
Page 35 of 85
Go to