Southern Airways Express

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  21 
Page 11 of 53
Go to
Quote: If my memory serves me, the contract is SIC until 1200, PIC until 1800 and a flow to Mesa for 1 year. I can't remember the $ amount (somewhere in the $5k range?). That seems excessive either way though.

It's been a while since my interview so I hope I got that right.

If I don't want to do the mesa flow, then I don't have any contract them? I just want to get my ATP mins and leave
So suddenly 1 year contract became a 3 year contract.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Quote: If I don't want to do the mesa flow, then I don't have any contract them? I just want to get my ATP mins and leave
The HR rep I spoke with made it sound like the contract with Southern was until 1800 AND you had to do the 1 year flow with Mesa. Sounds like a serious commitment.
I thought mesa was an option, didn't know you HAD to
It's a joke seriously
Hi guys- I did a search and it doesn't seem like you are part of CASS? Is there any way for a 121 guy to ride on you besides buying a ticket? Thanks.
Great nice little outfit. Every body is known by name. schedules are flexible and they try as much as possible to accommodate pilot requests.
Its a one year contract, if you upgrade, then there is another contract. Unless things have changed, my buddy currently a FO for them. I am going to stick to CFIing.
Quote: Its a one year contract, if you upgrade, then there is another contract. Unless things have changed, my buddy currently a FO for them. I am going to stick to CFIing.
Haha I agree, CFI is way better

Quote: Haha I agree, CFI is way better

Personally, I feel this is better experience than CFI. You get the experience of actually flying for a scheduled operator. It's a mickey mouse operation and the pay is truly abusive, but the experience of working for a miniature "airline", in my opinion, is far more beneficial with regard to regional airline preparation.

I would say that the Mesa deal is a **** proposition. I wouldn't come here if they forced me to sign it.
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  21 
Page 11 of 53
Go to