American interviews and class dates

Subscribe
74  124  164  170  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  184  224  274 
Page 174 of 603
Go to
Can anyone provide some insight on that first week or so of indoc and what the next steps are?
I hear it's company indoc (spouse shows up on day two) for 8 days or so then there is a break. Then sometime later there is domicile indoc. Then another break followed by acft specific sim training.

Sound about right? I expect an email soon as I am in the 17 June class but would like to make some plans and get a rough idea on what to expect. And oh by the way retire from the AF too.
That's about right. The length of the break between base orientation and aircraft training varies for everyone. In my class the shortest was I think 4 days, and the longest was about 4 or 5 weeks.
Did you read the trip book on jetnet?

Quote: Anybody know if we can A Pass travel list to/from training on American Eagle flights operated by Skywest, XJT, ect. Or is it limited to Envoy? If so how?

Thanks in advance

Sledy
Quote: Did you read the trip book on jetnet?
Yes I did and it does not address A1 or A3 pass travel. As you know it's a DECS function. With MQ flights you can list for those but it has not been allowing OO or XJT lists. This is for travel to/from training btw.

Just curious if it allows it on non Envoy flights.

Sledy
Quote: Yes I did and it does not address A1 or A3 pass travel. As you know it's a DECS function. With MQ flights you can list for those but it has not been allowing OO or XJT lists. This is for travel to/from training btw.

Just curious if it allows it on non Envoy flights.

Sledy
Ah, I see. Like you said, wholly owns yes. There is probably a different code for the others.
Indoc schedule
Quote: Can anyone provide some insight on that first week or so of indoc and what the next steps are?
I hear it's company indoc (spouse shows up on day two) for 8 days or so then there is a break. Then sometime later there is domicile indoc. Then another break followed by acft specific sim training.

Sound about right? I expect an email soon as I am in the 17 June class but would like to make some plans and get a rough idea on what to expect. And oh by the way retire from the AF too.
AA flies you and a guest to DFW and gives you a room at the DFW Hyatt for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights.

Indoc starts Tuesday with company orientation at the AA Training and Conference Center at what used to be called The Learning Center (and before that - the Stewardess College). Free lunch and snacks and drinks through the day. Guests are not with the new-hire pilot that day, but they provide transportation for the guests to Southlake Town Center during the day and in the evening.

Wednesday and Thursday are indoc for the Flight Department. Guests are present while they explain benefits etc. You select aircraft and domicile on Wednesday afternoon and attend dinner at the Hyatt that evening. Thursday morning you check out of the Hyatt and continue indoc at the flight academy. Thursday night you check in to one of the training hotels for the duration of indoc. Guests may stay if the want. Guests travel to/from DFW positive space (as does the new-hire).

The rest of the time is typical basic indoc stuff.

It's well done and I'm glad to be here.
Tuesday - Saturday. Sunday/Monday off.

Week one - HR. Kool aid videos(oops, probably officially titled 'intro to AA videos')(let's be honest, it's pinch me exciting time). Paperwork, keys, ID's, company computer access, intro to pilot's webpage, briefing by crew schedule, union, other departments. Dispatch tour.

Week two - Start of pilot stuff. Emergency water training, flight department policy manual, etc. Last day an introduction to fleet specific training that you'll get when you start transition training.

Post indoc min break of approx 2-4 days off up to X weeks off awaiting equipment training. Supposedly X is more like 2-3 weeks vs the sometimes 4-5 weeks earlier in the year.

EVERY newhire I've spoken with speaks highly of the support they're getting. But they also said training is tough and that it can be a pretty big bite of the apple.
Quote: Tuesday - Saturday. Sunday/Monday off.

Week one - HR. Kool aid videos(oops, probably officially titled 'intro to AA videos')(let's be honest, it's pinch me exciting time). Paperwork, keys, ID's, company computer access, intro to pilot's webpage, briefing by crew schedule, union, other departments. Dispatch tour.

Week two - Start of pilot stuff. Emergency water training, flight department policy manual, etc. Last day an introduction to fleet specific training that you'll get when you start transition training.

Post indoc min break of approx 2-4 days off up to X weeks off awaiting equipment training. Supposedly X is more like 2-3 weeks vs the sometimes 4-5 weeks earlier in the year.

EVERY newhire I've spoken with speaks highly of the support they're getting. But they also said training is tough and that it can be a pretty big bite of the apple.
Any idea what the wash out rate is? Is everyone making it through training?
Quote:
Any idea what the wash out rate is? Is everyone making it through training?

As long as you have a good attitude and put forth the effort, you needn't worry.
Quote: As long as you have a good attitude and put forth the effort, you needn't worry.
That shouldn't be a worry at this level. You are here, either side, because you're more than qualified. Learn the new policy and procedures, do what's asked and at least in the Airways side this was by far the most relaxed and enjoyable training I've EVER done....
74  124  164  170  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  184  224  274 
Page 174 of 603
Go to