Who's been hired? [New Employer Can ID You!]

Subscribe
150  200  240  246  247  248  249  250  251  252  253  254 
Page 250 of 259
Go to
Do you think a 737 type rating would help out at all. I'm army but all my time will be in the King Air 200/350. Should be around 2,000 ish hours when service obligation is finished. I'm going to get my ATP before I get out in order to give myself an oppourtinity to maybe get picked up at a LCC, major, or hopefully a legacy. All seem like better options than starting the journey into the 121 world at a regional. And now I'm trying to figure out if a 737 GI bill funded type rating would help this out at all for what it's worth.

Thanks
Don't waste time and money on the B737 type. Put some time in at a regional and acquire a type rating and ATP while you are being paid for your piloting skills. With your military aviation background, you will have your choice of which legacy/LCC that you want.
Quote: Don't waste time and money on the B737 type. Put some time in at a regional and acquire a type rating and ATP while you are being paid for your piloting skills. With your military aviation background, you will have your choice of which legacy/LCC that you want.
Uncle Sam will pay for his ATP. There's no reason for him not to get it, and if that means getting a 737 type out of the deal, then so be it.

ArmyFW, get your ATP for free while you're in. I don't know how much the 737 type will help though.
Quote: Uncle Sam will pay for his ATP. There's no reason for him not to get it, and if that means getting a 737 type out of the deal, then so be it.

ArmyFW, get your ATP for free while you're in. I don't know how much the 737 type will help though.
Free? Give me the details and I'll sign up tomorrow. Everyone (from LT's to retiring CO's) I've seen has been getting the ATP on own time, own dime.
Quote: Free? Give me the details and I'll sign up tomorrow. Everyone (from LT's to retiring CO's) I've seen has been getting the ATP on own time, own dime.
Probably because they weren't eligible, transferred their GI Bill benefits to a dependent, and/or used it already on other stuff. I used my GI Bill to pay for my ATP/CTP course and my ATP/Type Rating. You have to pay up front but then the company reimburses you a few weeks after the course when they're paid by the gub'mint.
Could anyone point me in the right direction for gouges and interview prep materials for UAL and AA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Free? Give me the details and I'll sign up tomorrow. Everyone (from LT's to retiring CO's) I've seen has been getting the ATP on own time, own dime.
This was how it was done before last summer. You pay $50 to take your ATP written and when the government pays for your training in a new type, you take the practical in the sim or in the aircraft (if there's an FAA guy available for that type of thing.)

It's how I got my ATP. Thanks to Uncle Sam, I've effectively paid zero for all of my qualifications, from glider, SEL, & MEL commercial and CFI to ATP.

Thanks, Uncle Sam!
Quote: This was how it was done before last summer. You pay $50 to take your ATP written and when the government pays for your training in a new type, you take the practical in the sim or in the aircraft (if there's an FAA guy available for that type of thing.)

It's how I got my ATP. Thanks to Uncle Sam, I've effectively paid zero for all of my qualifications, from glider, SEL, & MEL commercial and CFI to ATP.

Thanks, Uncle Sam!
Uncle Sam reimbursed me for all of my checkrides and knowledge tests as well.
http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/docs/pamphlets/lc_brochure.pdf
CJO From Southwest!

9000TT
3200 TPIC
2 Types
Part 91K/135/corporate background
Wrong side of 40
4-year liberal arts degree
Busted Commercial and CFI
Management, volunteer experience
Yard of the Month Winner, Spring 2015

A great day for me and my 'fam and proof that if you want it, it's out there.
Quote: CJO From Southwest!

9000TT
3200 TPIC
2 Types
Part 91K/135/corporate background
Wrong side of 40
4-year liberal arts degree
Busted Commercial and CFI
Management, volunteer experience
Yard of the Month Winner, Spring 2015

A great day for me and my 'fam and proof that if you want it, it's out there.
Hey Dude.... congratulations. See you out on the line.

Hey, I know that guy, he's a nihilist. Karl Hungus.
150  200  240  246  247  248  249  250  251  252  253  254 
Page 250 of 259
Go to