Horizon hiring/interviews

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15  55 
Page 5 of 80
Go to
Quote: Word during AQP a couple of weeks ago is 5-7 more planes in the next year to year and a half. Mostly for inter-Alaska flying. That's from the CP's office.
Guess Bombardier is trying to market the Q400 combi to the Air Group...that would be nice to see those 7 options get picked up in the next year or so.
Hope that's true. More lift would help. We have a lot of good people here and have spoke with a few of the new hires and they are enjoying it. It's all relative. I like my job overall and hoping that there are more good things in the future.
Quote: What he said.

It makes perfect sense to me. QX pilots are trained to the same standards as AS pilots, right down to the way approaches are briefed and flown. Its a fairly seamless transition for QX folks moving to AS since its really only learning a new aircraft, not an entire operational system.

Not sure how much Alaska is hiring but can anyone tell me how often pilots are being hired from QX for AS?
With the bid period being 35 days do you get paid per month or bid period in regards to guarantee? Are the schedules typical 4 on 4 off gone the whole 4 days or back in base every night? Examples would be appreciated. Thanks
We get paid every other Friday with per diem paid once around mid month.
Quote: With the bid period being 35 days do you get paid per month or bid period in regards to guarantee? Are the schedules typical 4 on 4 off gone the whole 4 days or back in base every night? Examples would be appreciated. Thanks
Schedules depend on which base you are in; average credit per day varies from 4:30 to 5:10/day. Trip duration varies with bases but on average there are more 3-4 day trips. Expect to fly 3-6 leg days.
Quote: Not sure how much Alaska is hiring but can anyone tell me how often pilots are being hired from QX for AS?
AS has been hiring 30% from QX. Supposedly 150 to be hired at AS this summer into a pool for training Fall 2014/Spring 2015. So figure about 45 QX guys to leave for AS over the next year if that holds true.
Quote: With the bid period being 35 days do you get paid per month or bid period in regards to guarantee? Are the schedules typical 4 on 4 off gone the whole 4 days or back in base every night? Examples would be appreciated. Thanks
Schedule example for next bid:

3 on, 3 off, 4 on, 9 off, 3 on, 4 off, 4 on, 4 off, 2 on. 20 days off.

The section of 9 days off is abnormal, as they pulled a 2 day trip away from me to use for IOE. However, I won't lose any pay over it. So this line would normally be 18 days off.

I bid at the bottom of the line holders. Usually I'm deciding between one of 2 or 3 lines by the time it gets to me.
Quote: Schedule example for next bid:

3 on, 3 off, 4 on, 9 off, 3 on, 4 off, 4 on, 4 off, 2 on. 20 days off.

The section of 9 days off is abnormal, as they pulled a 2 day trip away from me to use for IOE. However, I won't lose any pay over it. So this line would normally be 18 days off.

I bid at the bottom of the line holders. Usually I'm deciding between one of 2 or 3 lines by the time it gets to me.
How long have you been with Horizon?
Quote: How long have you been with Horizon?
2.5 years. The bidding power for those at the bottom of the list will continue to change dramatically as people come off of IOE. We're pretty back-logged at the moment.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15  55 
Page 5 of 80
Go to