Horizon hiring/interviews

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17  57 
Page 7 of 80
Go to
You are correct but remember that this is out of a 35 day bid period.
Quote: You are correct but remember that this is out of a 35 day bid period.
On a slightly different note, they told us in training that the 35 day bid period is probably going away. Is this something that they have always said or is it a possibility?
Quote: On a slightly different note, they told us in training that the 35 day bid period is probably going away. Is this something that they have always said or is it a possibility?
Who said it, and what exactly did they say?

I've never heard it even mentioned as a possibility. The 35 day bid and all of its ramifications are defined in the contract, which lasts until 2018. I don't see it changing.
There will be flow to Alaska before they get rid of a 35 day bid period.

On another note, there will not be flow to Alaska.
If the Bid periods are 35 days, does that mean there are only about 10 bid periods a year? Does that mean that even though the hourly pay looks better at Horizon, it's really offset by less bid periods? Assuming you can only get monthly guarantee.
Quote: If the Bid periods are 35 days, does that mean there are only about 10 bid periods a year? Does that mean that even though the hourly pay looks better at Horizon, it's really offset by less bid periods? Assuming you can only get monthly guarantee.
Yes but I still made the same as I am now at SKW with 12 bids a year I also was flying a ton during my short stint at QX. Damn I miss that place lol especially pete2800.
I have an interview with Horizon this week, also with Skywest later in the month. I have heard OO doesn't allow you to move reserve blocks around once they have been awarded. Does Horizon allow you to trade reserve blocks with other people? Knowing that I'll be on reserve and commuting for either carrier, flexibility would make a big difference. Even just being able to swap days or blocks with others would be huge.
Quote: Yes but I still made the same as I am now at SKW with 12 bids a year I also was flying a ton during my short stint at QX. Damn I miss that place lol especially pete2800.
Sky West monthly guarantee is 75 credits on reserve, QX is 86.2. Sky West has 12 bids, horizon has 10.42. 75x12=900, 86.2x10.42=898. It is pretty much a wash. Hardest part is building high credit trips with an average stage length of 1:10.
Quote: I have an interview with Horizon this week, also with Skywest later in the month. I have heard OO doesn't allow you to move reserve blocks around once they have been awarded. Does Horizon allow you to trade reserve blocks with other people? Knowing that I'll be on reserve and commuting for either carrier, flexibility would make a big difference. Even just being able to swap days or blocks with others would be huge.
I would not be concerned with moving reserve days as much as I would look at how quickly you can hold a line instead. I'm sure your stint on reserve will be short lived. Not sure what the attrition at horizon but Skywest is loosing like 50 guys a month, creating a lot of movement.
Quote: Does Horizon allow you to trade reserve blocks with other people? Knowing that I'll be on reserve and commuting for either carrier, flexibility would make a big difference. Even just being able to swap days or blocks with others would be huge.
When I was at QX (about a year ago), you could not move/trade reserve days.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17  57 
Page 7 of 80
Go to