2.80%
No
10.28%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 11
Go to
Jetblue...how did you vote?
I voted yes, but wrote in JBPA. Either way I'm happy, but I prefer not ALPA.
Quote:

I take it you did not vote in the above poll.

View Poll Results:

How did you vote?

Yes ALPA - 41 - 93.18%

Yes Other - 0 - 0%

No - 3 - 6.82%

Voters: 44.

Quote: I voted yes, but wrote in JBPA. Either way I'm happy, but I prefer not ALPA.

If that is your continence I completely understand. Nice to have another yes vote period.

We can learn a lot from past ALPA failures, and we all need to voice our concerns during the MEC structuring process.

Personally I will be pushing for Silo style representation, thus not allowing a senior pilot takeover and forcing the juniors guys to also be involved.

I will also be pushing for membership ratification and strong constraints on the Chairman's abilities to sign side letters without review and voting.
Quote: Quote:

Originally Posted by Southerner

I take it you did not vote in the above poll.

View Poll Results:

How did you vote?

Yes ALPA - 41 - 93.18%

Yes Other - 0 - 0%

No - 3 - 6.82%

Voters: 44.

No, my iPhone app doesn't show the polls.
Quote: Quote:

Originally Posted by Southerner

If that is your continence I completely understand. Nice to have another yes vote period.

We can learn a lot from past ALPA failures, and we all need to voice our concerns during the MEC structuring process.

Personally I will be pushing for Silo style representation, thus not allowing a senior pilot takeover and forcing the juniors guys to also be involved.

I will also be pushing for membership ratification and strong constraints on the Chairman's abilities to sign side letters without review and voting.
When it came to the moment of truth, I just couldn't support ALPA. I rescinded my choice once, with the plan if changing to ALPA, but then I went back and submitted the final vote for JBPA.

ALPA will win handily, and the few wrote ins won't change the outcome, but it makes me feel better knowing that I didn't actively vote for them.
Quote: ALPA will win handily, and the few wrote ins won't change the outcome, but it makes me feel better knowing that I didn't actively vote for them.

Wow. I applaud your incredibly reasonable response. I hope those that share your feelings about ALPA will follow your lead.
Quote: Wow. I applaud your incredibly reasonable response. I hope those that share your feelings about ALPA will follow your lead.
Yup, I am also a yes.
Quote: I voted yes, but wrote in JBPA. Either way I'm happy, but I prefer not ALPA.
Thanks man, I appreciate it!
Quote: If that is your continence I completely understand. Nice to have another yes vote period.

Silo representation is not without flaws, and I hope you consider that carefully.

MEMRAT for everything negates the necessity to elect quality reps. As citizens, we don't MEMRAT every law passed at the local, state, and national level.

Elect solid leaders and let them be your voice.
MEMRAT is saying you don't trust your democratically elected representative.
MEMRAT is time consuming and also costs a significant amount of dues dollars.

The "Chairman" can't do much of anything without the consent of the elected reps... The role is to be the voice and arm of the master council, which is made up of the elected reps.

It is important to allow the MEC Chairman to have reasonable authority, if he has to go back to the MEC for every single thing, and the MEC has to go back to the pilot group for every single thing, the Company will have zero respect for your Chairman and the MEC as a whole. Part of electing a representative is the granting of authority and trust to act on your behalf.

This vote is only the first step. The real test will be when you have to place your trust in those leaders and the deeper study they've done into issues to trust their judgement on issues in the future. Unity and having an effective union is an active process, you have to live it each day. Elect good people and trust them to do a good job.
Quote: Silo representation is not without flaws, and I hope you consider that carefully.

MEMRAT for everything negates the necessity to elect quality reps. As citizens, we don't MEMRAT every law passed at the local, state, and national level.

Elect solid leaders and let them be your voice.
MEMRAT is saying you don't trust your democratically elected representative.
MEMRAT is time consuming and also costs a significant amount of dues dollars.

The "Chairman" can't do much of anything without the consent of the elected reps... The role is to be the voice and arm of the master council, which is made up of the elected reps.

It is important to allow the MEC Chairman to have reasonable authority, if he has to go back to the MEC for every single thing, and the MEC has to go back to the pilot group for every single thing, the Company will have zero respect for your Chairman and the MEC as a whole. Part of electing a representative is the granting of authority and trust to act on your behalf.

This vote is only the first step. The real test will be when you have to place your trust in those leaders and the deeper study they've done into issues to trust their judgement on issues in the future. Unity and having an effective union is an active process, you have to live it each day. Elect good people and trust them to do a good job.

I have been an ALPA member under silo and base/seat. I highly prefer silo.

MEMRAT does not need to be on everything but must be on large issues, such as scope.

MEMRAT does not have to be expensive. The internet is a beautiful thing. Easy to get information and votes to and from membership. When We are talking about career changing agreements it needs to be voted on.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 11
Go to