Turkish Airlines - Non-Type Rated B777, B737,

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 11
Go to
Quote: What do they mean by "(written warning) for lack of discipline" in the requirements? For example, many US regionals issue warning letters in employee HR files for sick calls (and a variety of other non-PRIA-able things).

Will a written letter in an employee HR file for something like an attendance policy be an issue? Or if a person's PRIA record is "clean as a whistle" will they be good?

Essentially what I'm asking is--are they just pulling a PRIA for US pilots or is a simple phone call to former employers or what?

Thanks
I may be wrong and correct me if so, but I believe your US employer is not allowed to share information like that. Simply a Yes or No if you are eligible for rehire.
Quote: I may be wrong and correct me if so, but I believe your US employer is not allowed to share information like that. Simply a Yes or No if you are eligible for rehire.
True statement. While hard to prove otherwise... HR from your current/previous employers are only allowed to state whether or not you are eligible for rehire.
From what I understand is your employer is under no obligation to give a foreign airline your PRIA that is why these airlines ask you for your training records no accident etc. So I really do not think that a letter for a sick call is ever going to come up unless you want it to. Only give them what they ask for too much info and they don't know what to do with it.
FAA ATP 4000TT 2500 SIC CRJ200

Invited for May interview. Any info??
Quote: FAA ATP 4000TT 2500 SIC CRJ200

Invited for May interview. Any info??
SpeedTaped... I have similar quals and am working on getting the application done. Is the interview in Istanbul? Or somewhere in the States?
Istanbul, 5 day process
Anyone going to the assessment on the 28th?
Interview for five days? that is awesome
Attended the LAX Roadshow.

Very professional and nice group of people. They had a 1.5 hr presentation on what they can offer and had a one presenter talking through a slide show, and three people (2 HR, 1 line pilot) taking questions afterwards.

It's evident the company is trying to move forward and demonstrate huge ambitions in competing with the ME3. An example is they state they are a 4 star airline, soon to become a 5 star airline. So with this in mind I feel they are trying to attract good applicants that want to stick around for the long term.

This is not a contract, this is a permanent position that gets you on the seniority list and you will become a member of the union. Once you get on a wide body it becomes a commutable roster if you wish, meaning enough days off in between pairings to fly home. (Two ID90's per month with options to sit in Flight Attendant jumpseats as a last resort, thats gonna hurt from the states though, haha)

For FAA and ICAO guys, you will receive a validation on your license. This makes me question if you will have to do a EASA conversion eventually down the road. Either way, if you are making good money, enjoy the job, I suppose this would be a minor hurdle in the grand scheme.

Non-Type Rated guys will get a bond, though not official, it was looking to be around €20,000 over 3 year period deducted monthly.

Invited to attend assessment in Istanbul.
Quote: Attended the LAX Roadshow.

Very professional and nice group of people. They had a 1.5 hr presentation on what they can offer and had a one presenter talking through a slide show, and three people (2 HR, 1 line pilot) taking questions afterwards.

It's evident the company is trying to move forward and demonstrate huge ambitions in competing with the ME3. An example is they state they are a 4 star airline, soon to become a 5 star airline. So with this in mind I feel they are trying to attract good applicants that want to stick around for the long term.

This is not a contract, this is a permanent position that gets you on the seniority list and you will become a member of the union. Once you get on a wide body it becomes a commutable roster if you wish, meaning enough days off in between pairings to fly home. (Two ID90's per month with options to sit in Flight Attendant jumpseats as a last resort, thats gonna hurt from the states though, haha)

For FAA and ICAO guys, you will receive a validation on your license. This makes me question if you will have to do a EASA conversion eventually down the road. Either way, if you are making good money, enjoy the job, I suppose this would be a minor hurdle in the grand scheme.

Non-Type Rated guys will get a bond, though not official, it was looking to be around €20,000 over 3 year period deducted monthly.

Invited to attend assessment in Istanbul.
Thanks for the good info. Seniority List and Union Protection sound like a step forward. Any word if they will place candidates directly on the wide body?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 11
Go to