The useful Envoy thread

Subscribe
10  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  30  70 
Page 20 of 100
Go to
Quote: Gracias. I'm was hoping to hear before Wednesday so I know whether or not to go ahead with other interviews. I'd rather not take 2 days off work and pay for a hotel if it's not necessary. I guess we'll see.
I'm pretty certain you got the job! It's very rare that the captains review board turns someone down after they've already had a successful interview... Unless they find something out about you afterwards which wasn't disclosed.
Quote: Don't be a jerk.
I'm not being a jerk, I'm being honest. Coming here is a mistake and I don't think anyone can rationally refute that with the current information available.
It is obvious he wants to come here. He is worried about getting hired. Maybe this once you could have withheld your bitterness about Envoy. From my standpoint, you were being a jerk. Not everyone hates Envoy, and that does make those people ill inform or doltish.
Quote: It is obvious he wants to come here. He is worried about getting hired. Maybe this once you could have withheld your bitterness about Envoy. From my standpoint, you were being a jerk. Not everyone hates Envoy, and that does make those people ill inform or doltish.
It has nothing to do with hate and everything to do with a bad career decision. I don't have any emotional attachment to the company whatsoever, it's a business relationship and business is bad.
Quote: I'm pretty certain you got the job! It's very rare that the captains review board turns someone down after they've already had a successful interview... Unless they find something out about you afterwards which wasn't disclosed.
Sweet. My friend who is an FO also said they're short on captains and probably didn't have time to meet.

As far as the naysayers... every company has people who hate working there. Other instructors I have worked with at my current job hated working here, meanwhile I'm very happy. The way I look at Envoy is, I'll get to fly a jet, hopefully live in base or have a short commute, build experience, and enjoy a $10,000 signing bonus. Sounds good to me.
Quote: Sweet. My friend who is an FO also said they're short on captains and probably didn't have time to meet.

As far as the naysayers... every company has people who hate working there. Other instructors I have worked with at my current job hated working here, meanwhile I'm very happy. The way I look at Envoy is, I'll get to fly a jet, hopefully live in base or have a short commute, build experience, and enjoy a $10,000 signing bonus. Sounds good to me.
1. If you have a pulse you can "get to fly a jet" at any regional in this country.

2. I don't know where you live but if it isn't MIA then I can recommend a better regional to work for without a commute.

3. That 10,000 signing bonus won't mean squat when you're a 7 year FO and if you had made a better career choice you'd have been a CA somewhere else after 3 years.

Good luck to you, if you're coming to this steaming pile you'll need it.
Quote: Sweet. My friend who is an FO also said they're short on captains and probably didn't have time to meet.

As you can tell BZZT hates his life and hates his job! He says he hates flying so you can see where his attitude comes from! Despite the uncertainty and negative talk envoy isn't a bad place to work we have a decent contract and reserve system that allows you to bid everyday for open sequences or different RAP times... granted they go in seniority order but as you move up the reserve list you'll be able to control your schedule a lot more! I can hold a line but purposely bid reserve to get weekends off and it's been working out quite well. This month I've been away from home a total of 6 nights and have been home everyday! Of course, this is only possible if you live in base. Good luck and welcome aboard!
Quote:
3. That 10,000 signing bonus won't mean squat when you're a 7 year FO and if you had made a better career choice you'd have been a CA somewhere else after 3 years.
Lol, he's got you there. You are going to be an FO for 9 years at Envoy.
How can new hires expect to become 7 year f/o's? Statistically speaking the conveyer belt has to run faster than that to keep up with staffing at the majors. IMO the last period of stagnation is over. Am I missing something?
Quote: How can new hires expect to become 7 year f/o's? Statistically speaking the conveyer belt has to run faster than that to keep up with staffing at the majors. IMO the last period of stagnation is over. Am I missing something?
That's what I'm thinking. Unless the interviewers flat out lied, they're losing more people than they're replacing. Seems to me like some FO's are gonna upgraded.
10  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  30  70 
Page 20 of 100
Go to