FedEx Hiring

Subscribe
107  157  197  203  204  205  206  207  208  209  210  211  217  257  307 
Page 207 of 334
Go to
Other than what's on APC, do you know where I can find mandatory retirement numbers for FedEx? I'm familiar with the "crystal ball" but I do not work at FedEx... yet (hopefully)
Capt's should take care of their crews, but levels of knowledge vary wildly...and, there are people who have contract "knowledge" that is 100% inaccurate.

(Two examples: I once reminded a Capt that we were a NOCAT city and thus reminded him to file a claim on the expense report, he said I didn't eat so not filing anything and said I'd get fired if I filed a claim--needless to say I filed, and am still working. On another example, happened to hear a Capt complaining about dropping into El Paso to pick up some freight and getting nada $$ for doing so, asked if he'd filed for the extra 30 minutes of Disruption compensation--then learned that he hadn't but it was "too late" now. FYI-it's Never Too late, and hopefully that extra $$ will eventually be company generated. But, if you don't know you're supposed to get it, well, maybe you won't.)

There are many discussions on Vacation bidding and Substitution. If you have questions, ask, there are a substantial number of posters here willing to answer any questions either via a post here, or a PM for easier back\forth.

And Yes, If we're on a Layover, Newhires eat and drink for free if you're with me and I'm happy to answer any questions. Just speak up because I've already got my Capt's hearing.

(Vagabond, you're always welcome too. :-) )
Hello Everyone!

Sorry in advance for this long post...Im hoping I can get some career advise/guidance towards setting up the right career path to eventually fly with FedEx.

A little about me...
Im a former Army Paratrooper that became interested in aviation only after sitting for hours in the bellys of C130's and C17's before making a high performance exit out the side. Im currently flying a Pilatus for a 135 EAS operation in Phoenix and have a little experience with the cargo side of things when I flew for a company doing inter-island cargo in Hawaii in a shorts 360. Im still very low time (800 hrs) and know I need ALOT more to even be competitive.

Can any current or former FedEX pilots Pm me and maybe share their story /career path to what eventually landed them their BIG break? With aviation the way it is, and the possibility of lots more hiring in the future, Im just not sure what is the best way to get to where I want to be. I have no family in Aviation and trying to pave my own path. I was told once that "You'll never know if you made the right decisions until you retire"...well im hoping any advice I can get will help me be better informed with making these decisions. Im approaching R-ATP mins and not sure if i should go to a 121 regional as an FO, or upgrade in the Pilatus under 135 and build PIC....ANY and all info would be greatly appreciated!!
Quick question of you guys, got the invite from kim on Thursday, I wrote her back my preference for the interview but haven't heard from her? I know it was a holiday weekend but just a little nervous why I haven't heard anything yet.
Check on units
Quote: These last posts are some of the very few left on APC that are actually funny.
A competent candidate for FedEx should know that a Parsec is a measure of distance and not time. Sorry, but back to astronaut academy. Most Fedex pilots are competent astrophysicists, and I'm not talking b+ students. Big Purple / Big Singularity....
Quote: Quick question of you guys, got the invite from kim on Thursday, I wrote her back my preference for the interview but haven't heard from her? I know it was a holiday weekend but just a little nervous why I haven't heard anything yet.
Try to relax. She is probable trying to fill the interview classes and is looking at everyones preferences. The next time you hear from her will probably be when she has a date for you.
Quote: Try to relax. She is probable trying to fill the interview classes and is looking at everyones preferences. The next time you hear from her will probably be when she has a date for you.
thanks man, just curious
Quote: Hello Everyone!

Sorry in advance for this long post...Im hoping I can get some career advise/guidance towards setting up the right career path to eventually fly with FedEx.

A little about me...
Im a former Army Paratrooper that became interested in aviation only after sitting for hours in the bellys of C130's and C17's before making a high performance exit out the side. Im currently flying a Pilatus for a 135 EAS operation in Phoenix and have a little experience with the cargo side of things when I flew for a company doing inter-island cargo in Hawaii in a shorts 360. Im still very low time (800 hrs) and know I need ALOT more to even be competitive.

Can any current or former FedEX pilots Pm me and maybe share their story /career path to what eventually landed them their BIG break? With aviation the way it is, and the possibility of lots more hiring in the future, Im just not sure what is the best way to get to where I want to be. I have no family in Aviation and trying to pave my own path. I was told once that "You'll never know if you made the right decisions until you retire"...well im hoping any advice I can get will help me be better informed with making these decisions. Im approaching R-ATP mins and not sure if i should go to a 121 regional as an FO, or upgrade in the Pilatus under 135 and build PIC....ANY and all info would be greatly appreciated!!
Do you have a degree?
Quote: Hello Everyone!

... not sure if i should go to a 121 regional as an FO, or upgrade in the Pilatus under 135 and build PIC....ANY and all info would be greatly appreciated!!
I'm not a FedEx pilot just yet but I think I can help a bit:

Go to pilotcredentials.com, click the FedEx link and look under the qualifications tab. You'll see what you currently need to be considered for employment by FedEx. They may ask for less in a few years, but this is your target now. I'd say go to the regionals because you need multi-engine turbine time or jet time.
Quote: Quick question of you guys, got the invite from kim on Thursday, I wrote her back my preference for the interview but haven't heard from her? I know it was a holiday weekend but just a little nervous why I haven't heard anything yet.
Sent you a PM.
107  157  197  203  204  205  206  207  208  209  210  211  217  257  307 
Page 207 of 334
Go to