UPS info

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 27
Go to
Jetrat, be patient. I know a guy that waited a long time between getting the assessment and getting an interview. He did get the interview last month and was offered a place in the pool. I'm new at UPS and I have no complaints. The pilot group is great. The Captains know that we don't make much the first year and most take care of you while on the road. I'm at the bottom of the barrel here and I have been able to hold a line every time I have bid. Flying at night is not always the best, fatigue can set in if you do not plan ahead for it. So get rest before going to work. I don't post often on these boards, just lurk to see what the new rumors are. I suggest the same. Good luck and PM me if you want any real advice about coming to work here.
Quote: Jetrat, be patient. I know a guy that waited a long time between getting the assessment and getting an interview. He did get the interview last month and was offered a place in the pool. I'm new at UPS and I have no complaints. The pilot group is great. The Captains know that we don't make much the first year and most take care of you while on the road. I'm at the bottom of the barrel here and I have been able to hold a line every time I have bid. Flying at night is not always the best, fatigue can set in if you do not plan ahead for it. So get rest before going to work. I don't post often on these boards, just lurk to see what the new rumors are. I suggest the same. Good luck and PM me if you want any real advice about coming to work here.

What this means, in many ways the lines suck so bad that those more senior bid reserve to avoid a crappy line, Myself included.

I hate that call in the middle of the night to go to fly, but the alternative would be a line that flips from night to day and back again, in the same week sometimes. UPS calls them Base Lines. Basically they are the crap that didn't fit within the other scheduling parameters of the "good" lines.
Quote: The alarming thing? While they continue to F us....our IPA guys continue to block early!! What year of negotiation are we in?????? H E L L O !!!!!! Lots of talks about unity and fight against the evil bastards but I see very little of it on the line.

And I haven't even opened up the flying fatigued can of worms.
You forgot the hotel and home speed
[QUOTE=CactusCrew;1781619]What this means, in many ways the lines suck so bad that those more senior bid reserve to avoid a crappy line, Myself included.

I hate that call in the middle of the night to go to fly, but the alternative would be a line that flips from night to day and back again, in the same week sometimes. UPS calls them Base Lines. Basically they are the crap that didn't fit within the other scheduling parameters of the "good" lines.[

Reserve goes senior due to the fact that the senior guys who live in base bid it. It almost always results in working a lot less than any regular flying line......very good deal for those living in base IMO.
Looks like a decent interview gouge for those with upcoming interviews at UPS- How to Ace Your UPS Pilot Interview - Kindle edition by John T. Steinbeck. Professional & Technical Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

My friend at Emirates just got an interview in February. He's hearing 40-100 new guys in 2015.
Quote: Looks like a decent interview gouge for those with upcoming interviews at UPS- How to Ace Your UPS Pilot Interview - Kindle edition by John T. Steinbeck. Professional & Technical Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
I agree. A friend of mine who interviewed last month (hired into the pool) said this book WAS the interview process. It's more of a manual or a checklist than a book and it did the trick for him. He highly recommends it. John, the author is a very cool dude to fly with and very familiar with this forum. :-)
I just got my long-awaited interview call. Wish me luck, gentlemen!
Quote: I just got my long-awaited interview call. Wish me luck, gentlemen!

Good luck!

PS. We have ladies here too.
Yes we do. Just check who is the youngest in each class since 1991. Must be Nice.
Quote: Good luck!

PS. We have ladies here too.
Of course, how could I forget!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 27
Go to