Atlanta living?

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 22
Go to
Separate question...would it be a bad idea to look for houses east of Birmingham when based at ATL? Both are pretty big if's. I'm still waiting on the interview call and fully expecting to commute to NY for a few months. BHM would be great for family considerations.
Quote: Separate question...would it be a bad idea to look for houses east of Birmingham when based at ATL? Both are pretty big if's. I'm still waiting on the interview call and fully expecting to commute to NY for a few months. BHM would be great for family considerations.
Flew with an LCA that lived outside BHM. Said it was a fairly easy commute and when necessary the drive wasn't too bad.
Quote: Thanks! All airlines share it with Delta?

that's the parking lot. and they're saying no. see what I did there?
I'm a single guy looking to move to Atlanta soon. So far, it seems like Virginia Highland would be a good place to look. Does anyone have any recommendations of other places I should look, or is Virginia Highland the place to be for an early 30s single guy?
Quote: on Google maps on your phone just put in delta employee parking lot. It knows where it is. Behind race track gas station on camp creek parkway.

At least 10 cars stolen from metro RaceTrac gas station | www.wsbtv.com

Quote: I'm a single guy looking to move to Atlanta soon. So far, it seems like Virginia Highland would be a good place to look. Does anyone have any recommendations of other places I should look, or is Virginia Highland the place to be for an early 30s single guy?
Pre-Kid years, Me and the wife lived in Buckhead. Plenty of Yuppies, and things to do that are close by. It's one of the more expensive areas but not so ridiculous that it's impossible (we had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo off of Lenox rd we paid $220,000). Even tho I wasn't single, I was in my mid -late 20's and had a great time living there! Now with kids, I have succumbed to the unpenatrable force of the Delta Mecca that is Peachtree City.
Quote: Pre-Kid years, Me and the wife lived in Buckhead. Plenty of Yuppies, and things to do that are close by. It's one of the more expensive areas but not so ridiculous that it's impossible (we had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo off of Lenox rd we paid $220,000). Even tho I wasn't single, I was in my mid -late 20's and had a great time living there! Now with kids, I have succumbed to the unpenatrable force of the Delta Mecca that is Peachtree City.
For the love of God-WHY?

(Send me to hell or peachtree city..... Be about the same to me.)
Quote: I'm a single guy looking to move to Atlanta soon. So far, it seems like Virginia Highland would be a good place to look. Does anyone have any recommendations of other places I should look, or is Virginia Highland the place to be for an early 30s single guy?
While Virginia Highland has a lot going on, unless you enjoy alternative lifestyles, you might want to look a little closer to Buckhead.
Quote: For the love of God-WHY?

(Send me to hell or peachtree city..... Be about the same to me.)
Haha... I should trademark the slogan "Peachtree City Husband" the counterpart to the stepford wives.

In all seriousness, coming from buckhead to PTC, the "bubble" is not bad at all. Lots of house for your $$$, quiet, peaceful, good schools. You either love it or hate it, and I'm easy like Sunday morning, so I love it.
Quote: Pre-Kid years, Me and the wife lived in Buckhead. Plenty of Yuppies, and things to do that are close by. It's one of the more expensive areas but not so ridiculous that it's impossible (we had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo off of Lenox rd we paid $220,000). Even tho I wasn't single, I was in my mid -late 20's and had a great time living there! Now with kids, I have succumbed to the unpenatrable force of the Delta Mecca that is Peachtree City.
Quote: While Virginia Highland has a lot going on, unless you enjoy alternative lifestyles, you might want to look a little closer to Buckhead.
Thanks. I'll look at Buckhead.
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 22
Go to