Freight Runners Express Hiring

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 12 of 12
Go to
Quote: Uh....is this a typo????
No typo...
BUMP..............................
I'm potentially interested in FRE. I am a CFI with only 330 hours right now. My ultimate goal is a Major or Legacy but I'd like to do 135 time on my way there.

Does the training contract depend on which aircraft you're trained in?

For anyone who works there, would you recommend trying to get hired as a SIC between 500-800 hours or is it better to CFI till around 1200 and apply for captain? How much multi time is needed to get hired for either option?

Also, where are the outstation locations?
Quote: I'm potentially interested in FRE. I am a CFI with only 330 hours right now. My ultimate goal is a Major or Legacy but I'd like to do 135 time on my way there.

Does the training contract depend on which aircraft you're trained in?

For anyone who works there, would you recommend trying to get hired as a SIC between 500-800 hours or is it better to CFI till around 1200 and apply for captain? How much multi time is needed to get hired for either option?

Also, where are the outstation locations?
Just an opinion from the interwebz and it’s worth what you paid for it:
You have no business being in the left seat.
If you’re that eager apply as SIC, get to know the operations and the aircraft and move to the left once you have 350-500 on type….maybe.
Its seriously easy to kill yourself in the industry.
Quote: Just an opinion from the interwebz and it’s worth what you paid for it:
You have no business being in the left seat.
If you’re that eager apply as SIC, get to know the operations and the aircraft and move to the left once you have 350-500 on type….maybe.
Its seriously easy to kill yourself in the industry.
Yeah, I think I'd like to get some SIC time first. I'll start applying once I hit 500.
I always wondered about FRE. The fleet is small, but they've been around forever.

How many hours do you log each year?
Quote: Its seriously easy to kill yourself in the industry.
This is really somber advice.

I catch myself getting excited about "the next thing" sometimes and forget to be where I "am."

Thanks for the reminder.
Quote: This is really somber advice.

I catch myself getting excited about "the next thing" sometimes and forget to be where I "am."

Thanks for the reminder.
Sorry for the buzz-kill.
Every step brings news challenges and new dangers that you’ll need to learn to work with and respect.
That applies in both directions by the way, up and down.
2  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 12 of 12
Go to