Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Freight Runners Express Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 04:03 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by bedrock View Post
Why not just go to Commutair where you'll get 30K starting, and Be 1900 time. How long is the upgrade over there? They also have a great commuting contract where they pay a certain amt of your hotels every month.
Commuter doesn't fly the 1900 anymore. All Dash 8's now
Upgrade is right around 2 years plus or minus a little. Company will pay for up to 4 hotel rooms a month if you decide to commute in to work the night before.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by savingtheworld View Post
How many pilots are they hiring? Is the QOL good? Is the Chief Pilot cool?
Trying to fill one class a month of about 3-5 pilots for the next several months.

Quality of life is actually pretty good compared to what I've heard at other freight companies.

Route pilots fly about an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Usual departure time from MKE is around 06:30 in the mornings and from your assigend outstation is around 19:30 in the evenings.

Pilots live at their outstation airport so you're at home all day on rest. Then fly back to MKE in the evenings and stay at a crew house next to the airport. Routes fly Monday night through Saturday morning, a few routes end Friday evening.

The flying is almost every day so you're in all kinds of weather. Wind, rain, storms, snow and ice. Lots of approaches down to minimums. You will build lots of experience, build confidence, and respect for weather, aircraft and atc. This kind if flying is challenging but also very rewarding.

Just recently promoted a new chief pilot. Good guy, down to earth and is a good fit for the company.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:08 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
I know two people that worked for Key lime , they both said stay away. One was sued for 2100.00, other said they will screw you on PRIA if you leave.... Keep in mind this is second info about PRIA As far as Freight Runners heard they are having a tough time getting people.Apparently they have done some upgrades to avionics so that's always good sign.
I had a phone interview today with the Director of Training at Freight Runners. Seemed like a cool guy. Said if you don't have the minimums but you are close that you can be added to their pool.

He said all but a couple of their aircraft have Aspen PFD, Autopilot, Garmin 430, Garmin 696 (Weather) and pilots are issued iPads. I was offered the position over the phone and said they'll reimburse me for my travel cost to training. I start on March 2nd for the 99!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:43 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by Metalbikemayhem View Post
Trying to fill one class a month of about 3-5 pilots for the next several months.

Quality of life is actually pretty good compared to what I've heard at other freight companies.

Route pilots fly about an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Usual departure time from MKE is around 06:30 in the mornings and from your assigend outstation is around 19:30 in the evenings.

Pilots live at their outstation airport so you're at home all day on rest. Then fly back to MKE in the evenings and stay at a crew house next to the airport. Routes fly Monday night through Saturday morning, a few routes end Friday evening.

The flying is almost every day so you're in all kinds of weather. Wind, rain, storms, snow and ice. Lots of approaches down to minimums. You will build lots of experience, build confidence, and respect for weather, aircraft and atc. This kind if flying is challenging but also very rewarding.

Just recently promoted a new chief pilot. Good guy, down to earth and is a good fit for the company.
Sounds like I made the right choice. I said it in another thread already but I just had a phone interview with the Director of Training. Sounded like a really cool guy and he made the company seem pretty awesome. Offered me the job and I start on March 2nd in the 99! I'm pretty excited!
Old 02-19-2015, 01:05 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: Falcon 2000 Classic FO

I am a current BE99 captain at Freight Runners and I can attest to that we are having a hard time getting pilots. We have a growing fleet that includes 10 Beech 99s, of which 8 have an Aspen/430/696 combo and the other two will most likely get upgraded in the future. We have 3 Cessna 402s with 1 having the Aspen/430/696 combo. There are 3 Beech 1900s, 2 KingAir 350s, 1 KingAir 200, and 1 Embraer 120. They just added the King Air 200 and recently bought 2 more EMB 120s. So the company is definitly growing and moving in the right direction. The quality of life is pretty good, you have good pay and set schedules with most pilots having every weekend off. Upgrade times are pretty quick, most 402 pilots upgrade within 6 months. There is definitly vertical movement possibilities within Freight Runners.

Last edited by PilotguyR6; 02-19-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:41 PM
New Hire

I just hit the line. So far this place is pretty cool. The airplanes are in good shape and the maintenance is sound. They are having a hard time getting pilots though. I just couldn't go work for the low pay at Ameriflight.

Here is my list of pro's and cons.

Pros:
6 month pro-rated training contract for the BE99
Good pay ($45K)
Nice avionics.
Excellent benefits.
Quick upgrades.
Good schedule.
Good training.
Uniform and cellphone reimbursement.
Retention bonus.
Referral bonus.
The Director of Training said they have just approved a new structured pay scale and shortened all the training contracts.

Cons:
No CASS.
Cold weather.
Paint jobs suck (except the passenger airplanes).
More work than they can handle.
Vacation doesn't start till you complete a year.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by savingtheworld View Post
I just hit the line. So far this place is pretty cool. The airplanes are in good shape and the maintenance is sound. They are having a hard time getting pilots though. I just couldn't go work for the low pay at Ameriflight.

Here is my list of pro's and cons.

Pros:
6 month pro-rated training contract for the BE99
Good pay ($45K)
Nice avionics.
Excellent benefits.
Quick upgrades.
Good schedule.
Good training.
Uniform and cellphone reimbursement.
Retention bonus.
Referral bonus.
The Director of Training said they have just approved a new structured pay scale and shortened all the training contracts.

Cons:
No CASS.
Cold weather.
Paint jobs suck (except the passenger airplanes).
More work than they can handle.
Vacation doesn't start till you complete a year.
Sounds like a cool place to work, how hard is it to get on the passenger side of ops. Do you know if they are hiring high time experienced pilots for the kingair and Emb-120?
Old 06-20-2015, 05:28 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Are you guys still looking for first officers?
Thanks

720TT 100ME
Old 06-20-2015, 05:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Wish you could commute to this job..spoke with the CP the other day, seems like a good alternative to the regional route for sure. I'm just way too far to make the move.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:00 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Captain, BH-429WLG

I'm interested in pursuing a specific position at FRE; Captain on a KingAir BE-350 or BE-200, optimally based at Traverse City, MI.

-- Will anyone knowledgeable of FRE operations comment on where the BE-350s and BE-200 are based?

-- Any candid thoughts, not previously published in these threads, about working at FRE?

-- With the qualifications below, any comments on the chances of getting hired at FRE?

Quals:
4,900+ TT
4,200+ Rotorcraft. 500+ fixed wing. The remainder includes glider, LTA, gyroplane.
150+ hours of multi-engine time
450 instruments
ATP AS/MEL/S, Rotorcraft. CFI, CFII, MEI AS/MEL/S, Rotorcraft.

Thanks.