Freight Runners Express Hiring

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Freight Runners Express Hiring

Old 12-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: smoke and spider season

So I got a postcard in the mail advertising FO mins are now 500TT for 99s/1900s. Website still shows +800TT for most FO jobs.

Looks like a good deal and that they also offer a variety of 2on/2off type schedules?

Seems like it is almost too good to be true.

Do they have CASS?
Old 12-18-2017, 11:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

So dose FRE has a rotation going on? Can you go home during your off period or are you required to live in MKE?
Old 01-15-2018, 09:28 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by PetRock View Post
So I got a postcard in the mail advertising FO mins are now 500TT for 99s/1900s. Website still shows +800TT for most FO jobs.

Looks like a good deal and that they also offer a variety of 2on/2off type schedules?

Seems like it is almost too good to be true.

Do they have CASS?
Incidentally, I was able to get a tour at their MKE facility. Competitive for most FO positions is in the 800-900 range at this time. They have company housing nearby with rooms (vs. bunk-house) for pilots to allow pilots to commute to MKE and work their rotation. They obviously will do hotel rooms for pilots away from MKE, etc.

They do have a hiring contract and some may find that a deal-breaker for them, but for some (like me) the contract will be about as long as it would take to get to competitive 121 mins anyways so... 12 mo for FOs on all but EMB 120, which is 18mo. Now... here is the big scary part, for every hour you are short of 1200TT, they will add 1 day to this contract. HOWEVER, once you upgrade to a CA position, you can sign a new contract that supersedes your FO contract, and those are a straight 12mo or 18mo for the EMB120. If you are flying anything close to normal, I could see upgrading to CA in 6-8mo depending on your previous time and 1 year as captain isn't all that bad. Pay is actually pretty good and there are bonuses in those contracts, but I didn't get a chance to discuss them in any detail.

Aircraft seem to be in good to excellent shape, G430/530s in the fleet and some Aspen 1000s except in the 120 with plans to further modernize the fleet. A few more aircraft are also expected to come online this spring as well. Ipads are in use for EFBs.

CASS is in the works but no hard date yet but they are trying to get it done as fast as possible. They fully realize that this is hurting their pilot pool and are trying to fix it, but they have grown a lot in the last 5 years. Pilots are on positive space tickets for the time being is what I was told. I don't think they have a presence on this forum yet, so I would direct any questions to their email in this ad.

http://freightrunners.com/Profile.pdf
Old 01-15-2018, 11:53 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by PetRock View Post
Incidentally, I was able to get a tour at their MKE facility. Competitive for most FO positions is in the 800-900 range at this time. They have company housing nearby with rooms (vs. bunk-house) for pilots to allow pilots to commute to MKE and work their rotation. They obviously will do hotel rooms for pilots away from MKE, etc.

They do have a hiring contract and some may find that a deal-breaker for them, but for some (like me) the contract will be about as long as it would take to get to competitive 121 mins anyways so... 12 mo for FOs on all but EMB 120, which is 18mo. Now... here is the big scary part, for every hour you are short of 1200TT, they will add 1 day to this contract. HOWEVER, once you upgrade to a CA position, you can sign a new contract that supersedes your FO contract, and those are a straight 12mo or 18mo for the EMB120. If you are flying anything close to normal, I could see upgrading to CA in 6-8mo depending on your previous time and 1 year as captain isn't all that bad. Pay is actually pretty good and there are bonuses in those contracts, but I didn't get a chance to discuss them in any detail.

Aircraft seem to be in good to excellent shape, G430/530s in the fleet and some Aspen 1000s except in the 120 with plans to further modernize the fleet. A few more aircraft are also expected to come online this spring as well. Ipads are in use for EFBs.

CASS is in the works but no hard date yet but they are trying to get it done as fast as possible. They fully realize that this is hurting their pilot pool and are trying to fix it, but they have grown a lot in the last 5 years. Pilots are on positive space tickets for the time being is what I was told. I don't think they have a presence on this forum yet, so I would direct any questions to their email in this ad.

http://freightrunners.com/Profile.pdf

Is the 800 hours a hard minimum ? I remember they use the hire around 550?
Old 01-15-2018, 12:38 PM
Line Holder

From the conversation I had with their Chief Pilot and HR person, 800-900 is what is "competitive" for right now (most of their class that started this week are in that range).

They have hired as low as 500TT for the right candidate in the past and all depends on supply/demand, etc.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

1 day for each hour!? That sounds abusive jeez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-16-2018, 12:44 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
1 day for each hour!? That sounds abusive jeez.

If you want to just FO and never upgrade... yeah, but I imagine that is specifically what they are trying to avoid. They are looking for people who are actually willing to move up to captain positions and get a good "return on their investment" in training your butt. Overall I am glad they were totally honest about it even for a tour.

Remember once you upgrade to captain, you sign a new contract that is 12 or 18 mo depending on aircraft that supersedes the FO one and starts a new clock... whatever time you had left on your FO contract is null/void.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

At least company looks super professional, that's true. Plus that honesty is much appreciated and rare in this aviation community

Old 01-21-2018, 05:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Did they mention if they still have a simulator interview?. Not sure if they dropped that like most employers out there

Old 01-21-2018, 02:57 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
Did they mention if they still have a simulator interview?. Not sure if they dropped that like most employers out there

I did not ask specifically.