Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Freight Runners Express Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 02:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: Yes

Just one question-Is Matt R still there? The guy that wears his sunglasses at night?
Old 04-18-2017, 09:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Anyone still work here who can pm me? Have an interview for 99 captain and would love some details. The offer is 60k and the routes seem to only be 30 min. The person I talked to said average 500hrs a year but I only see an hour a night for 5 hrs a week. Am I missing something? Seems pretty simple for 60k.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:41 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy View Post
Anyone still work here who can pm me? Have an interview for 99 captain and would love some details. The offer is 60k and the routes seem to only be 30 min. The person I talked to said average 500hrs a year but I only see an hour a night for 5 hrs a week. Am I missing something? Seems pretty simple for 60k.
It's about an hr per leg depending on WX and if you have to shoot an approach or not. You do that twice per day. Once from MKE to the out station in the morning, then back to MKE in the evening. So average about 2.5 hrs per day. Some routes are longer.

What questions do you have?
Old 04-19-2017, 09:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Metalbikemayhem View Post
It's about an hr per leg depending on WX and if you have to shoot an approach or not. You do that twice per day. Once from MKE to the out station in the morning, then back to MKE in the evening. So average about 2.5 hrs per day. Some routes are longer.

What questions do you have?
Ok thanks that's a little more time than I thought. Well they want me to be outstation based in Madison or the dells to make the higher pay. Is that how most guys do it or is everyone in MKE? They said you can fly trips in the 200 as well so is it better to be in MKE to get those flights or is that a seniority thing? Are you able to pick up other routes for more money as well as fly for time and a half on the 5th week off? What is the upgrade time to 1900?
Thanks
Old 04-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy View Post
Ok thanks that's a little more time than I thought. Well they want me to be outstation based in Madison or the dells to make the higher pay. Is that how most guys do it or is everyone in MKE? They said you can fly trips in the 200 as well so is it better to be in MKE to get those flights or is that a seniority thing? Are you able to pick up other routes for more money as well as fly for time and a half on the 5th week off? What is the upgrade time to 1900?
Thanks
Most pilots are MKE based, a few live at the outstations. As of now, I think it's up to you, MKE is a big city compared to the outstations.
If MKE based you'll probably be used to fly the 200 occasionally. If based other than MKE more than likely you won't fly the 200.
As long as you get the required rest you can volunteer to fly on days off, and are paid accordingly for doing so. Upgrade time to the 1900 can be as little as six months depending on staffing.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Most pilots are MKE based, a few live at the outstations. As of now, I think it's up to you, MKE is a big city compared to the outstations.
If MKE based you'll probably be used to fly the 200 occasionally. If based other than MKE more than likely you won't fly the 200.
As long as you get the required rest you can volunteer to fly on days off, and are paid accordingly for doing so. Upgrade time to the 1900 can be as little as six months depending on staffing.
Awesome thanks for that. So are all the 1900's based in MKE as well? I don't really want to move to an outstation then in 6 months upgrade and then have to move to MKE and get out of a lease in the outstation. Seems like moving to MKE would be the best route.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:46 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Former CFI/CFII, current commercial, multi, instrument with about 850TT, 223CC, 90 simulated IMC, 13 IMC. I am a South Florida pilot and most IMC conditions are thunderstorm related so real world IMC is hard to come by. I meet all the other minimums required except the 25 IMC. Should I still submit my resume?
Old 09-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Line Holder

Oh yeah, put your resume in they will call you.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:39 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Oh yeah, put your resume in they will call you.
Thanks, will definitely submit my resume.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Default Interested

Hello,
Wanted to get advice from people working in the company. Just got back to aviation, did my IPC and few hours timebuilding to get me proficient. 46multi but, not multi current. Currently at 1190TT, 85 night, 1000hrs PIC with past 135 experience. Pretty much got the 135 reqs other than night time. Just wanted know do I even have enough qualifications to get my resume looked at by freight runners HR? I’m really interested but, having doubts cause of not being multi current.

Thanks.