New Gama/WHEELS UP King Air Bases

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15  55 
Page 5 of 87
Go to
Quote: Basically, yes. Technically your rotation starts at 3:00 am on day 1 and ends at 3:00 am on day 7. However, most of the time they get you home sometime in the evening on day 6. They just don't pay overtime until 3:00 am if they can't get you home by then.
I appreciate the info guys, and good luck at NJ sky!
Thank you to present and past employees for sharing your experiences with GAMA contract for WheelsUp. Have a few more questions...
-Typical # of sorties flown per day & duration of each
-Are there some nights spent in Domicile during 6-day work schedule? (meaning if u live 15mins away, can u spend night at home?)
-Is there much flying between 2300-0500?
-Do you sched your own lodging & transportation during the week, or does Dispatch sched those?
What types of hotels IE.. Marriott/Hilton category or Motel 6 category does company provide while on work sched?
Are they still taking deliveries of new King Airs?
Financial stability of company?

Thanks again for passing along info to interested parties.
Typically 2-3 legs per day.

When you're out. You're usually out. Every once in a while you get a night at base. They want you at a hotel room close to the plane. Period. I gave up asking for anything else long ago. If you live close - go check into the hotel and then go home. Just as long as you can get there quickly if need be. You're at the hotel as far as they're concerned.

Not a whole lot of flying in the middle of the night. Happens occasionally - but rare.

Dispatch takes care of hotels. They don't concern themselves with how you get to them though. Whatever you have to do. Shuttle, cab, Hertz. Whatever. Everything is paid for with a company card issued to you.

I feel like everything lately is a Hilton property. Hampton's, HGI's, Hilton's. They are usually fine. Not much a problem. If you do have a problem - go find a different hotel. They understand.

Still taking deliveries. I think they took two in the last couple of weeks.

Financial stability - No clue. We're not privy to that....
Quote: Thank you to present and past employees for sharing your experiences with GAMA contract for WheelsUp. Have a few more questions...
-Typical # of sorties flown per day & duration of each
-Are there some nights spent in Domicile during 6-day work schedule? (meaning if u live 15mins away, can u spend night at home?)
-Is there much flying between 2300-0500?
-Do you sched your own lodging & transportation during the week, or does Dispatch sched those?
What types of hotels IE.. Marriott/Hilton category or Motel 6 category does company provide while on work sched?
Are they still taking deliveries of new King Airs?
Financial stability of company?

Thanks again for passing along info to interested parties.
An acquaintance of mine just started at GAMA. I was curious about all the questions you asked, so here's what I did:

Go to flightaware.com. Enter the tail number of one of their airplanes. They are N801UP and higher. Find one in the area you're interested in (the lower numbers appear to be based in VNY). Flightaware wil show you every flight that airplane has flown for the last two weeks.

Doing that, I discovered that Starbucks is right. Most fly one to three legs a day, generally less than 1.5 hours. At times there will even be a day or two in between flights. Since its a King Air they have the ability to go to some really off-beat, interesting areas. One of the planes went from Cabo to NE Utah in one week and several places in between.

Its a great way to get a feel for the flying they do.
How do they handle Guard/Reserve duty?
Gama
No wonder everyone is complaining about the schedule. It's not really 6 on and 3 off.
Quote: No wonder everyone is complaining about the schedule. It's not really 6 on and 3 off.
What is it, actually ??
Quote: When did the LAS base open. Is it at McCarren or North Las Vegas?
I seen the plane in VGT getting washed lol is that a base ?
New Gama/Wheels up
Quote: What is it, actually ??
Read the previous posts.
Quote: What is it, actually ??
Start times vary on day one, 6a once, 8am occasionally, 10a lots, noon or even later sometimes. Finish times vary as well, typically off between 1p-12a, with the average around 7p.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15  55 
Page 5 of 87
Go to