Via Air

Subscribe
16  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  36 
Page 26 of 62
Go to
Quote: How dare you guys do that ****
Don't be an ass.

But the point about unpaid bills might be valid.
Quote: Walker there has to be a reason the airport did this. Airports live by attracting and increasing service not by kicking airlines out especially not the only airline at the airport and stranding the passengers
Poor on-time performance and excessive flight cancellations/re-routes. And something about unpaid bills. Cannot speak to the latter, but the former are legitimate concerns.
I don't have any first-hand knowledge about unpaid bills. But if the airport is being impatient after having Via for only a few months, then I'd guess that Via isn't talking to them. THAT's a mistake. Not fun to have those discussions, but it's a part of doing business.

Which brings me to a broader point. Airlines going through big growth spurts (think Via, PenAir, Boutique, CommutAir, and others) very frequently find that not all parts of the business get their act together equally rapidly. Or as fast as they need to. In most cases, they're trying but executive time , atttention and perhaps cashflow are split between too many needs. Those times are often hardest for the HR people.

If you believe in them, cut them some slack and work with them to solve the problems. If not, go elsewhere so you can be happier and have your (perhaps unreasonable) expectations fulfilled.
Quote: I don't have any first-hand knowledge about unpaid bills. But if the airport is being impatient after having Via for only a few months, then I'd guess that Via isn't talking to them. THAT's a mistake. Not fun to have those discussions, but it's a part of doing business.

Which brings me to a broader point. Airlines going through big growth spurts (think Via, PenAir, Boutique, CommutAir, and others) very frequently find that not all parts of the business get their act together equally rapidly. Or as fast as they need to. In most cases, they're trying but executive time , atttention and perhaps cashflow are split between too many needs. Those times are often hardest for the HR people.

If you believe in them, cut them some slack and work with them to solve the problems. If not, go elsewhere so you can be happier and have your (perhaps unreasonable) expectations fulfilled.
That is unfortunately not the case at all places. You can try your best to be flexible and try to help, but when management refuses to listen there's no point in trying. A reliable schedule and somewhat reliable airplanes aren't unreasonable.
Did Via shut down? Looks like they have been cancelling all of their flights in and out of charlotte.
No, we have just had an unfortunate series of unrelated maintenance issues on separate aircraft. One is down for a heavy C check, one is dedicated to sports team charters, and the other three are all down for different issues. The one getting the C check will be up within the week. One aircraft should be back online today. The other two I am not sure about. 2 more aircraft are awaiting conformity to be added to the ticket and the owner has also purchase led three more airframes for upcoming flying that will be released to the public soon.

Hiring continues, and our DO is taking steps to compete with other regionals for FO's. He is trying to get full pay from day one on property approved. He is also trying to get approval to pay for CPT training for guys with the mins but need to course to take the ATP ride. Also trying to get an incentive program in place for guys who come to fly the Brasilia and then stay after hitting 1500 instead of bouncing to a regional.

We still have work to be done to improve the operation and quality of life, but I am optimistic it will get better.
What are the mins for E120 FO's? Part 135 IFR?

Website doesn't say much.
They like to see around 500tt, but they've gone lower in the past.

Quote: What are the mins for E120 FO's? Part 135 IFR?

Website doesn't say much.
How does one apply for the Emb-120 FO positions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am not sure if they are looking for 120 FOs right now or not. But if they are, I will find out where you can email your resume.

Quote: How does one apply for the Emb-120 FO positions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
16  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  36 
Page 26 of 62
Go to