Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
294  344  384  390  391  392  393  394  395  396  397  398  404  444  494  894  1394 
Page 394 of 2545
Go to
Would I have any negotiating power as a new hire to get based out of MSP or DTW? For one, I'm a West Coast guy and even though I would move to live in base, I just can't see trying to live in NYC. Cost, chaos, crime, blah blah blah. Not sure what the impact would be re. time to hold a line, upgrades, etc. by choosing DTW or MSP over JFK/LGA though.
Quote: Would I have any negotiating power as a new hire to get based out of MSP or DTW? For one, I'm a West Coast guy and even though I would move to live in base, I just can't see trying to live in NYC. Cost, chaos, crime, blah blah blah. Not sure what the impact would be re. time to hold a line, upgrades, etc. by choosing DTW or MSP over JFK/LGA though.
Class seniority is based on age. The average age is 35-40ish. If youre bottom third (<30) it's tricky. Probably could still snag DTW -200 (even -900) over NYC.
Hey two new vancancy options on system vacancy preference bid LGA200FO/LGA200CA. Anyone else see this? Also, this isn't proprietary information, is it?
Quote: No, it may be a horrible deal for YOU, that doesn't mean it's a horrible deal for US. I do not want to fly out of DTW or MSP, I want NY, just like all of the other guys who are from the northeast and are close to NY. I think being awarded more NY flying is a reward for our good performance.
Rewarded with more NY 200 flying? That is quite the spin. It is more like no other airline can or wants to do it. With 9E they can do whatever they want, spin the flying up, close it down, move it around - flexibility is key. It has nothing to do with being rewarded.
Quote: Class seniority is based on age. The average age is 35-40ish. If youre bottom third (<30) it's tricky. Probably could still snag DTW -200 (even -900) over NYC.
First I've EVER heard of seniority being based on age. Isn't that kind of like age discrimination in reverse? Anyway, I'm in my late 40s, so if that's true I guess I've got instant seniority then?
Quote: Hey two new vancancy options on system vacancy preference bid LGA200FO/LGA200CA. Anyone else see this? Also, this isn't proprietary information, is it?
did you not read the memo?
Quote: Would I have any negotiating power as a new hire to get based out of MSP or DTW? For one, I'm a West Coast guy and even though I would move to live in base, I just can't see trying to live in NYC. Cost, chaos, crime, blah blah blah. Not sure what the impact would be re. time to hold a line, upgrades, etc. by choosing DTW or MSP over JFK/LGA though.
All I can say for certain is that commuting from LA to NYC is a breeze compared to DTW and worse MSP. Crashpads are a dime a dozen in New York at around 350 a month.
I'm hoping to get on with Endeavor in June. Any guess as to when they'll start steering the majority of new hire classes towards NYC? I'm 33 so I probably won't be at the very bottom of class seniority and I'd like to avoid NYC if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It depends on who gets hired when. In some classes, 45 is above the middle point. In one class last year, 53 was right in the middle of a class of 19.

FWIW, I think all airlines base seniority on age for new hires.

Quote: First I've EVER heard of seniority being based on age. Isn't that kind of like age discrimination in reverse? Anyway, I'm in my late 40s, so if that's true I guess I've got instant seniority then?
Quote: First I've EVER heard of seniority being based on age. Isn't that kind of like age discrimination in reverse? Anyway, I'm in my late 40s, so if that's true I guess I've got instant seniority then?
Thats been mentioned SEVERAL times in this thread over the last year or so.
294  344  384  390  391  392  393  394  395  396  397  398  404  444  494  894  1394 
Page 394 of 2545
Go to