Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 04-07-2016, 11:42 AM
  #3921  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
Heard Skywest Inc. and mainly the Express Jet side, is losing some 700's. Maybe they're just moving them around. Anyway, that might be why GoJet will be doing more flying out of Detroit
Considering we have a DTW base and already have to cover for Gojet, it doesn't make too much sense.
Five93H is offline  
Old 04-07-2016, 11:53 AM
  #3922  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,648
Default

Originally Posted by Five93H View Post
Considering we have a DTW base and already have to cover for Gojet, it doesn't make too much sense.
Well, it was just a thought
gojo is offline  
Old 04-07-2016, 11:59 AM
  #3923  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Posts: 288
Default

Some of this speculation seems premature when they want 22 FO's to TDY in DTW next month between the 200 and 900....

I suppose you can argue they're keeping it light in preparation for a move I guess...

Whatever.
24Whiskey is offline  
Old 04-07-2016, 12:01 PM
  #3924  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
Well, it was just a thought
Oh I don't disagree, it could work, but I just don't see why bother having Gojet in the system if we can to play musical chairs for them to fly their routes properly.
Five93H is offline  
Old 04-07-2016, 12:03 PM
  #3925  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Fourpaw's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Airplane
Posts: 683
Default

Originally Posted by TalkTurkey View Post
This makes pretty good sense that Delta wants a more reliable carrier to keep the schedule with their high-value NYC customers. Swapping GoJets into the D makes sense I suppose. I rather think that our 9E folks are going to dislike working in NYC. Perhaps alpa will feed another LoA to bolster the willingness of pilots to go there.

And the moment Gojet starts falling apart in Detroit, we will then again cover the Detroit flying.
Fourpaw is offline  
Old 04-07-2016, 12:04 PM
  #3926  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,648
Default

Originally Posted by Five93H View Post
Oh I don't disagree, it could work, but I just don't see why bother having Gojet in the system if we can to play musical chairs for them to fly their routes properly.
H$ll, I've been wondering that myself. If they're bad enough that Delta asks their employees to avoid commuting on them, why subject their passengers to it? If they suck that bad, fix it.
gojo is offline  
Old 04-07-2016, 12:12 PM
  #3927  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler
Posts: 2,001
Default

Originally Posted by Fourpaw View Post
And the moment Gojet starts falling apart in Detroit, we will then again cover the Detroit flying.
That's probably the idea. Heck I bet recovery flights in Detroit would be a breeze in comparison to recovery flights through slot-congested NYC.
TalkTurkey is offline  
Old 04-07-2016, 12:20 PM
  #3928  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gearswinger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2012
Posts: 465
Default

Originally Posted by Farmlover View Post
It's still a horrible deal for us. Punish us for being a reliable carrier.
No, it may be a horrible deal for YOU, that doesn't mean it's a horrible deal for US. I do not want to fly out of DTW or MSP, I want NY, just like all of the other guys who are from the northeast and are close to NY. I think being awarded more NY flying is a reward for our good performance.
Gearswinger is offline  
Old 04-07-2016, 12:25 PM
  #3929  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Posts: 288
Default

Originally Posted by Gearswinger View Post
No, it may be a horrible deal for YOU, that doesn't mean it's a horrible deal for US. I do not want to fly out of DTW or MSP, I want NY, just like all of the other guys who are from the northeast and are close to NY. I think being awarded more NY flying is a reward for our good performance.
Not just NE but most east coasters... I know a lot of new hires who got DTW -200 when they wanted NYC. I think it'll iron out in the end with the next vacancy notice.
24Whiskey is offline  
Old 04-07-2016, 12:27 PM
  #3930  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by 24Whiskey View Post
Not just NE but most east coasters... I know a lot of new hires who got DTW -200 when they wanted NYC. I think it'll iron out in the end with the next vacancy notice.
Yep, depending on base size, it should be not too difficult to staff it. Makes it better for the east coast guys not having to worry about 200/900 as initial.
Five93H is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StraightShooter
Endeavor Air
124
06-26-2023 10:23 AM
WARich
Delta
11220
06-10-2020 07:42 AM
Crash
Major
3437
01-30-2013 06:51 PM
shua757
Major
2
02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices