Allegiant Air

Subscribe
133  183  223  229  230  231  232  233  234  235  236  237  243  283  333 
Page 233 of 637
Go to
Quote: Can anyone at Allegiant help?
I don't have a clue who SB is, nor if she was the one who declined my resume.
I am a B744 captain for Kalitta Air and we are also in contract negotiations as you are, we also have our issues (what airline doesn't), we are also part of same local with Teamsters union.
But i am trying to get more benefits and spend more time home. Allegiant flies passengers so you guys probably have zed fare or similar. I am trying to stay home more often due problems with 1 of my kids. You guys also are upgrading really fast.
I flew B747 (yes steam gauges one) and other steam gauges planes for about half of my career (so I will be ok if i get either MD80 or the Bus). Your upgrade is really fast and your second year captain actually pays more than 12 years at Kalitta (i can't understand why they don't check ailinepilotcentral.com).
So i can easily afford 1st year pay and hold on second year till upgrade. Also your most jr base its PIE and guess what i am 10 min from PIE airport. Your most Jr plane its the MD80 (and I'll be glad to bid on it). I have over 13k hours total tons of turbine time and 747 PIC time.
Now can someone believe my resume was declined?
I don't know what someone at Allegiant saw on my resume that decided to do this. Maybe he/she thought I am overqualified but, hello, you guys are paying on 2nd year better than I am making here after almost 12 years. You only have 1 day off less than I do, but you guys spend many more days at home than I do.
So if someone could get me the chief pilot email and name please allowing me to send him my resume and a cover letter explaining why I wanna make this move and see if at least I get a fair shake to be in an interview. I don't believe (on current pilot market) you guys can afford declining highly experienced pilot, who live at the base, and is very stable on past jobs to prove it and with tons of PIC experience.
Thanks in advance for the help guys
Check your PM sir.
Quote: I asked of her whereabouts at the meet and greet in PIT and the response was that they couldn't talk about it. However, when I asked if I sent her an email would it ever be answered they replied "No."
I believe there is a new email address while she is out.
Quote: Could anybody humor me with the answer regarding upgrade times in the 80 versus the AB at SFB? I have family in the Orlando area and would be moving there if hired. Thanks.
Airbus is very senior. MD80 maybe 2 years.
http://seekingalpha.com/news/3173380-allegiant-travel-lower-barclays-downgrade

After all these years the market is finally catching on. Good on Barclays for leading the charge. Maybe they can shoot a note over to the FAA.
Quote: Could anybody humor me with the answer regarding upgrade times in the 80 versus the AB at SFB? I have family in the Orlando area and would be moving there if hired. Thanks.
You're not going to upgrade on the bus in SFB until the base goes all Airbus.
Allegiant Air Says It's Bolstering Safety After Flight Mishaps - Bloomberg

I won't comment on this other than to say it finally puts a date on the end of the MD80s.
Quote: Allegiant Air Says It's Bolstering Safety After Flight Mishaps - Bloomberg

I won't comment on this other than to say it finally puts a date on the end of the MD80s.
Yes, and not a minute too soon.

"the FAA reprimanded allegiant"? If I'm not mistaken, I recall the company claimed the vp at the controls should have been commended for his airmanship and wise, timely decisions.

No surprise here. The article comes on the heels of the company's invitation to the media to tour the headquarters and training facilities. Cute tactic, looks like management blew their skirts up and they're buying into the G4 magic.

Maybe the investment community will too. Oh wait, never mind.
This rodeo has been going on for years. Valujet only shut down because people died. Does anyone know what company AAYs chairman/owner, MG, was a co-founder of before he bought AAY??? I'll give you a hint you little Critters.
Quote: This rodeo has been going on for years. Valujet only shut down because people died. Does anyone know what company AAYs chairman/owner, MG, was a co-founder of before he bought AAY??? I'll give you a hint you little Critters.
Welcome to the party. You're very late.
It’s never too late to speak the truth. This weeks dog and pony show was a pathetic attempt to shore up Allegiant management's abysmal reputation for unsafe maintenance practices. In this age of social media and passengers uploading videos of engines coming apart. Its very difficult to hide, good on them. Investors and hopefully the FAA are starting to catch on. When we encounter these FAA inspectors this month, we should query them as to why nothing of substance has been done. We should remind them directly when approached of the similarities to Valujet.
133  183  223  229  230  231  232  233  234  235  236  237  243  283  333 
Page 233 of 637
Go to