Allegiant Air

Subscribe
23  423  473  513  519  520  521  522  523  524  525  526  527  533  573  623 
Page 523 of 637
Go to
I'm curious, if the class drop was a mix between the 80 and bus are the senior guys in class typically choosing the bus? I I live in FLL and it's a bus base. If it were an 80 base that would be great considering my social is 9XXX.
Quote: I'm curious, if the class drop was a mix between the 80 and bus are the senior guys in class typically choosing the bus? I I live in FLL and it's a bus base. If it were an 80 base that would be great considering my social is 9XXX.
Assuming they offer you the job, my guess is you could just tell them you would like to wait for an all airbus class.
Quote: I'm curious, if the class drop was a mix between the 80 and bus are the senior guys in class typically choosing the bus? I I live in FLL and it's a bus base. If it were an 80 base that would be great considering my social is 9XXX.
Seniority is EVERYTHING in 121 as I'm sure you know.

I was given the option for a class date last year. If I would've waited I could've gotten the BUS and more "choices" on bases. But if God forbid, we ever see a "step backwards" or furloughs? Few numbers will make a difference between a paycheck or being on the street AGAIN. So i chose the earlier class. QOL right now might not be the best, but it will get better, and it has. Seniority is everything

Don't wait to long bc you might miss your chance.
Yes, usually bus goes more senior in a mixed class because there are only 2 bases out of 12 that are 80 with no airbus and usually people are targeting a place to live first then airbus over 80 second (typically). Worst case is that you get the 80 then just bid into a base that will be next for transition and you can break your equipment lock early in theory. This just worked in IWA but the company has to post a vacancy bid within 30 days of your displacement to break lock (which they have been doing). Next up is PIE then AVL later this year.
Quote: Assuming they offer you the job, my guess is you could just tell them you would like to wait for an all airbus class.

No, you can't do that. They don't know (or won't say) which class will be what split until midway through INDOC.
There's been a few try the "call me when there's an airbus class" and they're still waiting for the call...
Quote: There's been a few try the "call me when there's an airbus class" and they're still waiting for the call...
That was/is the number one thing in common with the people that have been turned away: they all "wanted the Airbus".
Want Airbus? Spirit and F9 are hiring and you are 100% likely to get it.
New hire: February
4600 TT
2100 MEL
1700 TPIC
500 Part 135, no 121
ATP, Gold Seal CFII, MEI, AGI
Clean FAA record, 0 tickets last seven years. No types or degree (in progress). 1 job fair which was key, applied 6 months prior and periodically updated app... discovered at fair unbeknownst to me it was incomplete which the HR recruiter kindly helped with. Praising God for filling in the gaps.
Additional info
4600 TT no jet
2100 MEL
1700 TPIC
500 Part 135
No part 121
No enternal reqs
Male & not a minority
ATP, Gold Seal CFII, MEI, AGI
Clean FAA record, plenty of prayer, 0 tickets last seven years. No types or degree (in progress).1 job fair which was key, applied six months prior and periodically updated app... discovered at fair unbeknownst to me it was incomplete which the HR recruiter kindly helped with. Thanking God for filling in the gaps.
23  423  473  513  519  520  521  522  523  524  525  526  527  533  573  623 
Page 523 of 637
Go to