Allegiant Air

Subscribe
81  481  531  571  577  578  579  580  581  582  583  584  585  591  631 
Page 581 of 637
Go to
Quote: Without the out-and-back model with no overnights (or mostly no overnights) what other reason would you come here for? Might as well apply at Delta or United.
There are many good reasons to come here if we lost day turns. To name a few: career advancement, pay raise, A320 type, escape the regionals, and relatively quick upgrade.

There are not many reasons to STAY here if we lost day turns. It's not a "come here" issue, it's a "stay here" issue. If I was forced back to industry standard QOL, I might as try for a larger pay check somewhere else.
Quote: There are many good reasons to come here if we lost day turns. To name a few: career advancement, pay raise, A320 type, escape the regionals, and relatively quick upgrade.

There are not many reasons to STAY here if we lost day turns. It's not a "come here" issue, it's a "stay here" issue. If I was forced back to industry standard QOL, I might as try for a larger pay check somewhere else.
If we move away from day turn schedules, we wouldn't have industry standard QOL. Our contract severely lacks scheduling protection that we would need in multi day trip pairing environment. Most people I know were ok with it, because it's mostly irrelevant as long as we stay doing 1 day trips.
However... This is exactly why we should get it put into the next contract. Just in case...
Quote: If we move away from day turn schedules, we wouldn't have industry standard QOL. Our contract severely lacks scheduling protection that we would need in multi day trip pairing environment. Most people I know were ok with it, because it's mostly irrelevant as long as we stay doing 1 day trips.
Fair point. I was simply referring to time away from home and family as industry standard QOL.
Except long multi-day trips are not something we should be expecting to happen. Single night stays, pairing up some of the larger markets certainly, most of the small/middle sized markets aren't going to be connected for multi-day pairings. Not enough traffic to justify that...
Quote: Except long multi-day trips are not something we should be expecting to happen. Single night stays, pairing up some of the larger markets certainly, most of the small/middle sized markets aren't going to be connected for multi-day pairings. Not enough traffic to justify that...
I don't think multi day pairing makes sense right now, but they could definitely do it. You would begin in base day 1, do an inside turn to another base, then either overnight there, head out to another destination, or even do another turn from that base, depending on the flight length. There you go, 3-4 leg day. Now repeat this cycle for X days, and arrive in base on the last day. Very similar to what SWA does. But for a whole lot less pay and very weak work rules. Practically zero hotel language. Windfall for management and the shareholders.

It definitely needs to be addressed in the next contract. And we need to watch out for them screwing us on the min day credit. Whatever you set it at, that's what the average day length will be. Lock in a pattern, and everyone stays at min guarantee.

I know, more rainbows and sunshine, but somebody's got to be realistic around here. Too bad the union is MIA.
Quote: I don't think multi day pairing makes sense right now, but they could definitely do it. You would begin in base day 1, do an inside turn to another base, then either overnight there, head out to another destination, or even do another turn from that base, depending on the flight length. There you go, 3-4 leg day. Now repeat this cycle for X days, and arrive in base on the last day. Very similar to what SWA does. But for a whole lot less pay and very weak work rules. Practically zero hotel language. Windfall for management and the shareholders.

It definitely needs to be addressed in the next contract. And we need to watch out for them screwing us on the min day credit. Whatever you set it at, that's what the average day length will be. Lock in a pattern, and everyone stays at min guarantee.

I know, more rainbows and sunshine, but somebody's got to be realistic around here. Too bad the union is MIA.
I can absolutely see 2 day trips. Say SFB-ROC-LAS and overnight. Next day LAS-RFD-SFB.

I’m lazy and don’t know the credit, but I would imagine that is going to be close to 14-15 hours for a trip like that.
Quote:
Are you not getting the union emails? Recently the union has sent out emails on the new PBS trials and data collection, HOTEL updates, jumpseat news, and grievance updates. Take 2% of the time you spend on this forum to call a base rep if you need more info on theoretical 4 day trips.
Quote:

Yep. That’s what they did on the CVG overnight. Min day on both days. They could not have paired that trip any worse from the LAX side. If they would have added an inside turn or too on the other end or made it commutable in both ends, it would have been popular, but the way they created it, no one wants it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Are you not getting the union emails? Recently the union has sent out emails on the new PBS trials and data collection, HOTEL updates, jumpseat news, and grievance updates. Take 2% of the time you spend on this forum to call a base rep if you need more info on theoretical 4 day trips.
I think ecam is full of nonsense most of the time, but he’s spot on with this one. The union is and has been mostly silent on nearly everything. Sure, an occasional email about this or that, but mostly nonsense. We get more info from the company and that’s just not cool.

I could say I hope the new EXCO steps up the communication, but his track record says otherwise.
81  481  531  571  577  578  579  580  581  582  583  584  585  591  631 
Page 581 of 637
Go to