Skywest gets 19 more 175s from delta

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16 
Page 6 of 19
Go to
Here's what I don't understand. Why do pilots care so much about how their airline is performing. Generally speaking, almost all pilots will get the airplane out on time if they can at all help it. Why is it an indication of how good the pilots are if their company schedules 30 minute plane swaps, delayed for maintenance or other?

It really is silly to sit here and judge a pilot group based solely on on-time performance, especially considering if those pilots were put in the others' shoes, they would undoubtedly have the exact same performance.
Quote: I don't think it's an accurate pilot group performance metric, it has much more to do with the company.
Agree. A pilot can't help if scheduling f---s up or if there are staffing issues. I don't imagine any of us fly around in broken airplanes either..
Quote: please enlighten us how skywest's performace will be better than anyone else's at LAX? here's a hint, the delays aren't the fault of the regionals doing the flying....
Maybe they will magically build new gate space so they never have to wait for one.
Quote: Because Republic owns those planes. They may lose the flying and then just lease the AC to another carrier though. Depends what kind of relief is in the new TA being voted on at RAH.
This is a very likely scenario. The new TA just voted in by our pilot group allows any "excess" aircraft to be leased out. When Delta drops the hammer on BBs head and cancels the contract, we're gonna have a plethora of "excess" aircraft.
Quote: The 175 is also a Category C/D aircraft. It can operate out of all of those airports. The weight restrictions would be worse, but it could be done.
The 175 can not be certified into ASE under 121.

It would do better getting in but it can't make the climb out SE departure or missed.

Republic tried. Perhaps SkyWest knows some people that know some people and can work some magic. I doubt it. However, the pax would love it.
Quote: Actually, don't you think Delta would want their best performing regional doing all the heavy lifting in the markets that Delta is trying to grow?
Endeavor is the best regional in the Delta Connection portfolio in terms of operational performance.
Quote: Endeavor is the best regional in the Delta Connection portfolio in terms of operational performance.

Endeavorair performance went up significantly since OO is flying 16 of their planes.
The acf difference between most regionals is fractions. Nothing worth even mentioning.
Quote: The 175 can not be certified into ASE under 121.

It would do better getting in but it can't make the climb out SE departure or missed.

Republic tried. Perhaps SkyWest knows some people that know some people and can work some magic. I doubt it. However, the pax would love it.
AA wanted CP to try from LAX. You're correct, it can't be done. They tried.
Quote: Endeavorair performance went up significantly since OO is flying 16 of their planes.
That is a complete and utter fallacy. It holds no merit.
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16 
Page 6 of 19
Go to