New Envoy Information

Subscribe
397  447  487  493  494  495  496  497  498  499  500  501  507  547  597 
Page 497 of 690
Go to
Quote: You want to go through initial in January and still be in school at the same time?
That's why I am asking for advice. I absolutely will not continue full time, but am trying to gauge whether handling one or possibly two online classes is too much of a burden.
Quote: That's why I am asking for advice. I absolutely will not continue full time, but am trying to gauge whether handling one or possibly two online classes is too much of a burden.
Within the training footprint it would be really hard to maintain outside college courses. Lots of time commitment during that process and a lot of new things to adjust to. Once you're free from that 6-8 week period college courses are an excellent way to be productive while sitting ready reserve or sitting in a hotel on a long overnight. With some seniority you could even bid to have long unproductive hotel stays for the express purpose of working on your degree. I haven't done it personally but many have finished degrees while flying for the airlines.
Quote: That's why I am asking for advice. I absolutely will not continue full time, but am trying to gauge whether handling one or possibly two online classes is too much of a burden.
You'll be in ground school 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. And there will be a lot to study. Most people scarf dinner down when they finish class and then get together and study the rest of the evening. If you could save your other work for the weekend and you are part machine, you might be able to pull it off.
Quote: You'll be in ground school 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. And there will be a lot to study. Most people scarf dinner down when they finish class and then get together and study the rest of the evening. If you could save your other work for the weekend and you are part machine, you might be able to pull it off.
This.

Not worth it. Even if an online basket weaving course. Remove distractions. Wishful motivation, but not worth the risk. Double down later on courses if you want.
Dually noted. I kind of knew that I would end up taking the semester off, but now that I've gotten a few PM's about it, I can put my mind at ease and only focus on training. Back at it for the summer semester 2017.
Quote: Dually noted. I kind of knew that I would end up taking the semester off, but now that I've gotten a few PM's about it, I can put my mind at ease and only focus on training. Back at it for the summer semester 2017.
If you can take a semester off do it. However I had a classmate who had a class or two and training. Bright guy was able to do both but it was a lot of work. Not saying it's ideal but it can be done. I'd put studying for envoy as a priority though.
Anyone here know if you can get on with Envoy with 4 check ride failures and a warning letter from 3 years ago? Interested, but got the TBNT, apply again in 60 days email.
Quote: Dually noted. I kind of knew that I would end up taking the semester off, but now that I've gotten a few PM's about it, I can put my mind at ease and only focus on training. Back at it for the summer semester 2017.
Good luck! Welcome to Envoy.
Quote: Anyone here know if you can get on with Envoy with 4 check ride failures and a warning letter from 3 years ago? Interested, but got the TBNT, apply again in 60 days email.
It all depends on time. The more time you can put between yourself and the failures the better. Good luck.
Got the 10/14 CTP start date. Anyone else going? Scheduled for indoc on 10/24 if everything goes well. Do we get our base, fleet, and training dates at indoc?
397  447  487  493  494  495  496  497  498  499  500  501  507  547  597 
Page 497 of 690
Go to