Republic after the contract

Subscribe
87  137  177  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  197  237  287 
Page 187 of 300
Go to
Quote: As far as I know; the last time we met with United, they failed to offer a commitment to either DEN or IAH that was sufficient for us to open a base. Since I talked to a source about this we have renegotiated leases on space in DEN but have done nothing in IAH. That said IAH has more daily departures for us than DEN. Also, on base news we are losing all ORD AA flying apparently.

The FA rumor that IAH will open is still persistent.
One of the higher ups came into class today and based on his responses, it seems DEN is out of the question for the near future. IAH likely in the new year, other United 175s going to other carriers. Also for those commuters interested, extra FA jumpseat in the existing united birds to be removed, but here to stay in the AA birds.

Of course take it with a grain of salt until it happens.
Do they offer you a CJO the same day?

Got an interview scheduled in a couple of days.
Quote: Do they offer you a CJO the same day?

Got an interview scheduled in a couple of days.
I did my interview over Skype and got a phone call with the offer 4 days later.
Quote: I did my interview over Skype and got a phone call with the offer 4 days later.

Ditto
Filler
Yes, despite my bias, IAH is more likely than DEN to reopen as a base. That said, DEN is the most profitable hub for United and I don't know how 170 allocation works. Would you put the 170 in the market in IAH that is slowly shrinking (for now) to replace 50 seaters? Or, would you put it in the most profitable hub to augment flying that would have been done by the now deferred 737 deliveries? I don't know.

However it should be noted that we've actively refused DEN (and west) flying because our crew/maintenance footprint is so concentrated in the east. So I think we've crafted a scenario where IAH artificially sees more traffic than DEN. At one point we probably had 10% of our pilot group living in DEN (and to the west), these days that number is way way down.

Our pilot recruitment team has highlighted our lack of a western base as one of the most detrimental characteristics of our airline but I doubt that would influence a base choice any time soon.
More likely they grow EWR than open IAH
Well, looks like I'll be joining the team after the new year. I bounced between PSA and Rjet finally decided that a long commute to PSA was stupid when I live in a Republic base.

Watch MCI close now... in 5, 4, 3, 2...
I'm in the same boat live two and a half hours from MCI. Thinking about sacrificing a goat to make sure it stays open.
Other than raptor, anyone else in the Jan 17th Class date?
So hear me out, what are they doing if you want to work for them but are still going to school trying to get that degree and I will qualify for the R-ATP(1000hr). Im at 500hrs now split between heli and FW already. Still need to complete all the add on ratings and then CFI blah blah. They told me after my instrument check ride to call them for an interview. I thought they had a cadet program but wasn’t all to sure. Any info on this?
87  137  177  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  197  237  287 
Page 187 of 300
Go to